Tier 1- Slugfest Tourney

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

Re: Tier 1- Slugfest Tourney

Postby worthing » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:03 pm

22 hours til it starts. Still plenty of time to sign up.
worthing

Postby Vann » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:27 pm

I may actually be preoccupied when it starts, depending on how my morning unrolls if at all I'll try my best to make it.
Vann

Postby worthing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Bracket is up. Tournament has started. Anyone who doesnt show by 2:20 is disqualified.
http://challonge.com/jswlmh5t
worthing

Postby worthing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm

FIle Breakdown

;a41 1
Eternal Morning

;a39 2
Big Lawtia
Augmented dolls

;a40 5
Big gowen
Gowen grim burn
Gowen rush/mid gowen
Mid gowen/ Mercenary nation
Gowen rush

;a38 1
Level 3 Wizard kingdom

;zagar 3
Toromea warriors
Lawtia/refess True god church
Mid wizard kingdom/ solar kingdom
Last edited by worthing on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
worthing

Postby worthing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Top 4 files and analysis.

4th place- Khiruki

Khiruki expected a lot of damage based files and little to no removal souls since four soul cards had to do damage. Zu would be easy to get to without soul pact and would punish rush files. While ellie could slow down a ton of files and pick off several units. Annrose and Zugateroza proved to be an endgame to reckon with when Zu was off the board. Good card choices and a solid strategy, the slash units also had use.

3rd Place- Deng777

Gowen was the most common file as expected, but deng's had great consistencies compared to others. Sakura, Bringer, Revolver and Dilate proved useful against pretty much every file. Athira shin and the 2 EX mercenary girls were also great choices since big files were expected. Gunslinger and the grimiores were great at slowing down rush files as well. The damage soul cards also helped him gain control in the mid game.

2nd place- Angelspawn (dreamspawn)

Using removal soul cards proved to be a great strategy since a number of files didn't bother preparing to see them at all. One soul that does damage and can remove two cards was an excellent choice. The beefy level 2-4 units held up well and also had a lot of agi and atk thanks to amazon and toromea. After rozly and heierrat army/horseman it was a very quick set up that could maintain field presence with raw base stats and the nue/sun god combo. The lucia and tierie also covered the AoE damage that was expected from the big files, mainly big red.

1st place- Gabotheplaya

Most people didn't expect to run into a single mono falkow file since they lacked damage grimiores and function well with soul cards that don't do damage. Gabo's 6lp lvl3 Wizard Kingdom file proved that falkow could still be a force without returns. It was a simple high agi field control wk file with a ton of revive at the end game to secure wins and not run out of his 4 main units; Mage knight of regus, EX wizard soldier, Regus combat sorcerer, and Elite fencer of regus. A lot of great tech like storm wizardess and Sorcerer monk of regus were also handy near the mid and end game stages that clinched him wins. I think this is a pretty good example of level 3 wk. A few main units with a ton of tech units.
worthing

Postby angelspawns » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks for holding the tourney Worthing. It was lots of fun and pretty interesting.
Grats to Gabo for winning with WK in an opendmg heavy enviroment!

Not quite how i estimated it would go. I wouldn't have predicted the #1 spot nor my own for that matter. Looks like i dodged the bullet by not facing Khiruki, as my file probably wouldn't have a good answer to it. In the end Elite Fencer turned out to be my bane.
angelspawns

Postby gabotheplaya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Message from the winner...

to all those who doubt the 6LP, its not really 6 LP. my "effective" LP is actually more 8-9 since the revivals prevent further LP damage significantly while keeping copies fielded.

Also... if only the replay got saved, you'd see how good rolls can sway the tides of battle pretty heavily. that spawns file man. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Romdeau » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:53 am

I apologize for the delay on the prizes for this tournament, busy week for me, should be good to go tomorrow morning.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Sorry. :oops:
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:47 pm

OK everyone should have their prizes by now. The tournament host feedback thread should be up shortly. Thanks to everyone who participated and Worthing for organizing the tournament.
Romdeau

Previous

Return to Community Tournaments