Horizons Core Set Meta

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Horizons Core Set Meta

Postby worthing » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 pm

victorre wrote:Well, I'm really sad to hear that Obsidian Dragon is necessary for the Lawtia/Gowen midrange file, since I didn't hear about the Kickstarter until a month or so after it was over. But thanks for sharing your insight on that.

On the Kickstarter cards, how much of a role do you expect they'll play in the meta? Most of them seem cool-but-niche, but the Dragon is crazy powerful and I wish I'd been around to back for him.

Finally, I don't want to turn this into an "ask Worthing about Core" thread, but it was mentioned that "most" of the multisphere cards are in Core. Does this include Proxies? In my experience, they are essential for any multisphere file that wants to go above LV3 in more than one sphere.

Thanks again for being so open with people about the new metagame, Worthing!

You don't need obsidian dragon, I think newer players will though since they don't have many rare cards unless they spend a lot of money.

Hirume and Obsidian are both strong. Jaques and cat are alright imo.

All the proxies are in. Originally we had a vast majority of the multi sphere cards in as well, we took some out because they weren't practical with the rest of the core or they were too strong. I'd say over half of the multisphere cards are in the core now.

It's not a problem, beta was supposed to be soon so the list should have been revealed around this time anyway if things went the way we said they would. I have no idea when beta is going to start.

I will be releasing a few lengthy guides when horizons comes out as well. I finished a mono sphere file building guide that covers most of the horizon files, and plan to start working on a multi sphere guide.
worthing

Postby victorre » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 pm

Hooray for proxies!

I may also try to put together a multisphere guide or two, depending on how quickly I get the hang of the new meta. I've had a lot of practice with Pullermia midrange, but it sounds like I'll need to completely rebuild that deck.
victorre

Postby Callonia » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:48 pm

so return grimiore still isn't deleted? Falkow remains one trick pony as usual?
Callonia

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:00 pm

hooray for more multi sphere!

boo, i have no pulmeria yet after all these years... also i think 1 or 2 moxies... :(

with ex brah still in, i'm glad return still in. 3 for 3, we don't get a net positive return now...

bye bye triple sweep dio mystere emana return scumming file. yay!
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby worthing » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:18 am

Hey guys, thought I'd do a little bit of a spoiler/teaser. Right now we plan on having 6 EX cards in each sphere (mono) and some multi sphere ones as well. So I thought I'd reveal half of them (mono sphere) just to keep things a bit exciting and maybe let you know what to try and get in the near future. Keep in mind all of EX 13 will be in the core, the 6 cards from each sphere I am talking about are from EX 1-12. Keep in mind these are subject to change but I highly doubt they will, we also DON'T plan on nerfing or buffing any of these as well

;a41
Sun and Birth / Weissvogel
Boy Inquisitor / Cudgel
Holy Knight / Lapierre

;a39
EX: Cursed Armor Knight
Night Assassin / Marchare
Undead King / Zugateroza

;a40
Ork King / Grebados
EX: Giant Ork
EX: Fighter Pixy

;a38
EX: Wizard Soldier of Regus
Blue Dragon Mage / Mildoreo
Magic Dancer / Chiruru
worthing

Postby Ropey » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 am

Good job Ex Bra stayed in or I would have to have rethunk my whole EM file!

If you are gonna have cards like Undead King / Zugateroza and Grebs then the flying pest of Regus must have gone? That card dictates the files I am willing to play. After Bel kingdom became so unattractive I was gonna stick a few riders on dragons, but NO! They would just be sent spinning to the far corners!

Which brings me to another small card that can get out of hand, spirit witch. I have seen so much abuse of this card and done a little myself. It's a shame cos it's just what's needed when you don't want to go completely undead. I think it will come down to if you have EX: Ancient Zombie Lord in and Lady of Conflict / Annarose.

The one I'm interested in is every noobs fav King of Mankind / Verlaat. As much as I would like to see the back of him, what on earth would Refess do without him? They may like myself be reduced to playing Dragonrider / Wasseir! Hope he's in you don't want that buff on Blessing to go to waste.

On the cait sith SS, I think the regurgitation of units is more of a problem than the Sp gen. Although the recent use of them to make way for the holy emp has been annoying.

Buncles anyone? While they may have faded of late who knows what they could be capable of in a neutered card pool?

As the martial artists did not get buffed I will take it that you have not bothered with most of them. All they need is a little Sp gen. Spose we will see Dan Dan beating up farm animals.

Oh! and don't forget the Vol Wyvern, that card really does epitomize Gowen, and in uses the day cycle.

My concern about the backer and Batora exs is that while they may be manageable now they could get out of hand in an environment like the one you are setting up.
Well, I could just say "Tough tiity! I have them anyway" but you know me always fair.

My only other thought was that of which will be the must have cards? In time it may not matter, but to start with I can see anything outside of horizons very underpopulated. So a diluted card pool may have a financial knock on.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Jazzock » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:41 am

Callonia wrote:so return grimiore still isn't deleted? Falkow remains one trick pony as usual?

At least there's no tidals to worry about! Safe lv2 opens go!...unless they pull a cyclone out of nowhere... I hate that grim >->
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 am

As always, thanks for the updates Worthing.

"While the JP versions will most probably be changed significantly". With the exception of poison this statement is not entirely true. We saw very only minor changes in the ex from their original form.

Unfortunately, out of all japanese sets set 14 is one of my least favourite. I do like the 4 star lawtia alot but she will likely be totally changed. Cup of death i believe her nickname is, Abyssal forces, sets a random lv 4 or below enemy unit to hp= 0 on open at 0sp cost. Or if you have 2 sp available sets 2 random lv 4 and below units to hp =0 on open. Artwork is cool also. Other than that there isn't much eye catching in set 14. That multisphere gowen- lawtia card was always popular when i played there ( the guy who looks like he is alteil's version of the human flame).

I think one of the best current decks (i don' play it but it is very sound) is the mid refess multisphere with heavy defense. Uses aria, guardian, and lv5 verlaat backed up by the lv 2 priest guard and absolute walls/key to holy realm. I respect that guy who runs it as it is a solid file.

Very much looking forward to updates.

Cheers,
AD
Last edited by AngelicDeath on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 am

With the absence of tidal is gangadore and domina in core? I'm thinking no but tidal pretty much meant he was very high risk to play early.

Thanks,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Jazzock » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:49 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Unfortunately, out of all japanese sets set 14 is one of my least favourite. I do like the 4 star lawtia alot but she will likely be totally changed. Cup of death i believe her nickname is, Abyssal forces, sets a random lv 4 or below enemy unit to hp= 0 on open at 0sp cost. Or if you have 2 sp available sets 2 random lv 4 and below units to hp =0 on open.

Set 14 Actually has really nice art in general (at least, I think so lol) and err, Constance/sistine/md knight :? .
The Cup of Destruction girl, is cursed legion / undead, and it's worth noting that in jp, the 2sp part is target...and stacks with the first part.I don't actually like her that much...
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion