Ropey's Rough Guide to Backer and Batora Exs

Strategies and Card File Construction

Ropey's Rough Guide to Backer and Batora Exs

Postby Ropey » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 pm

I was really hoping that one of our better players would do this.

Poison Lover / Rosetta

Card type
None / Royalty
Rarity: EX

LV: HP: LP:
03 50 02
AT: DF: AGI: RNG:
00 00 04 03

Price of Ultimate Evil 0sp No unit card in your Card File may be set next turn.
Cleansing Tonic. Soul 0sp Two target units get AT+20, DF=0, AGI-1, and are poisoned until the end of next turn.
Sorry, My Dear. 0sp Target Poisoned unit of LV 2 or lower gets HP=0.
Lady Demon. 0sp Choose one disengaged enemy unit. Do [damage: that unit's AT] to target friendly unit. Engage the enemy unit.
Virulent Poison. 1sp One unit gets AT+20, AGI-1, LV-1, and is also Poisoned until the end of next turn. If the unit selected is friendly, you get SP+1.

Suggested file.

The idea was to have a strong defence and units that could take a hit from her very useful Lady Demon skill. At 50 health she can also take a slight knock, but it is hard enough anyway to keep her alive until you trigger Sorry, My Dear. Virulent Poison can work well on either your own or opponents units. Nice that spirit witch can set up the gowen level for augmented sorcerer, and when they enter the fray you can start taking down big stuff with your halitosis grims. Ok so zombie lord is a bit tacked on and I do always groan when players drop him. To be honest the constant dredging up of old corpses is the winner here, and I do find playing against such files demoralizing.This was a good file however it won and my most successful poison file. I did try her with 6th Heaven Devil / Shvara, but it didn't work out too well. As for the souls? I did put BKR in the first slot, but it didn't seem to work on all my units and only grave me plus 10 attack?

Replay> https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 08a48952fa I had to take my hat off to this guy. Does something I always thought about, but did it nearly to extreme!

She is a great addition for the poison mechanic. I found her interesting to play, but got a feeling she just lacked a little. Until I thought that maybe in the future she will be complemented by other cards.
Last edited by Ropey on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Ropey's Rough Guide to Backer and Batora Exs

Postby worthing » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Nice deck, I really like larut ss in almost any file. Rosetta works very well with several undead/cursed legions units.

Card art=meta worthy
worthing

Postby Ropey » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:51 am

Cheers for the encouragement Gooby. And yes. in her gold bikini she is sexaye. I thought I was the only one that liked the fuller figure?

Obsidian Dragon / Tezcatli

04 90 01
00 00 02 03

Card type
Dragon Kin / None

Soul 0. Shard of Lava. Do [damage: your Gowen lvl X 10] to a random, disengaged enemy unit. Subtract [10+ your Lawtia lvl X 5] from the HP of target enemy unit.
Polished by Fire 0. This unit gets AT +[your Gowen level X10] for this turn.
Molten Glass Breath 2. Do [damage: AT] to three random enemy units in range.
Smoking Mirror 0. [conditional use/Lawtia level 5 or higher] Do [damage: your Lawtia level X5] to 3 random enemy units. Decrease your Lawtia level by 1.

Suggested file.

Once I had clocked a few using dolls with the dragon my early fears for him were allayed. I stopped trying to include Dyson and got hip with the girls. It is quite versatile. If you smell a fierte SS you can hold off the proxy and go with MD aug. The dolls can steal the show here and I was impressed and glad of a chance to play them. I have never used Esria and she can work well here. I did one shot a star dragon with her and this file can really pump out the pain. Burning air works very well in this file, when you think about the dragons close. I think the first SS is cool 30 target damage and two sphere levels.

Replay> https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... ef7ab695c7 Not the greatest match. I include it here as it gave me a counter to a file that I have much trouble with.

I feel a little foolish at my outrage at this cards changes. He is a good card, some who play units of 30-40 health are going to have similar problems that they have with Vol Wyvern and Star Dragon. His level 4 does ease the pain of being taken off. You are however open to WotSL.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Ropey » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Miko Princess / Hirume

06 70 03
40 00 03 03

Card type
None / None

Soul. Equilibrium 0. Engage target friendly unit until the end of next turn and then, engage one random enemy unit until the next of next turn.
Barrier Seal. Trait. This unit cannot be targeted or effected by Open Skills.
Miko's Seal 2. Action. Three random enemy units in range get HP-10. Any engaged units hit get HP=0 and are engaged until the end of next turn.
Broken Seal 0. Close. Disengage one random, engaged enemy unit.

Suggested file.

This was my old Rasam file. I would say to anyone who wants to play big blue that squid is a good way to build a file. As long as you watch out for removals. That is why tempest is included too kill off small units that facilitate this. You can even kill squid off. The real joy of this file is Luteum. Strategists intuition is a great way to help him out as he is never fast enough unless you play certain Refess. The withdrawal on Sylph never gets old. Miko really does need all 3 shear wings. I was a bit disappointed that storm Wiz didn't seem to work out and I feel i can make a better file. I love messing with players rng via the SS.

The thing you first have to get your head round is her trait. Easy too think of all the Sak attacks you will be avoiding and you will laugh in even the face of Allind, but most grims also work on opening. It doesn't stop there things like pixy lock and grims that take cards out of your file also won't work on her.
She will also keep things like the undead engaged till the end of the next turn.

Then we come to the question of if she is OP or not? Tricky one really. I would say with all the other OPed stuff atm no, but in an environment like Horizons?
Her Broken Seal close dose hamstring her well and you may not even give it much consideration at first.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Khiruki » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:47 pm

Albert is a fast as balls slapper. If he gets going, he can hit like a truck and is fast as balls. He gives Falkow lvl 2 rush a nice nuke.

Kitty is cool. Hits like a truck and is fast as balls. The setup gets him on the field pretty quickly with backup in the form of Yuni and Rhino.

Rijia with Mikohime is super strong. The souls and Over Souls are there to keep the Rijia engine going for a long time. Switch to Durendal tank afterwards.

Tektek nuking from the back, Zugatezora tanking in front, and dollies in the middle. Cool beans.

Mmm. I think I'll leave these here for fun.
Last edited by Khiruki on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:53 pm

You mean for science? Cool guides guys, keep it up.
Romdeau

Postby Shinu3 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:47 am

you can still get Miko Princess / Hirume in slacker backer?
Shinu3

Postby sunbunman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 am

Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Return to Annarose's Sanctum