[Tier 1] (5/11) Roulette Files

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

[Tier 1] (5/11) Roulette Files

Postby UThief » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Introduction:

Hi all!
This'll be my second tournament as a host. I'll be learning from the last tournament I hosted, and getting used to everything. Now that I've actually hosted a tournament, I will now add in some twists and turns here and there to spice things up.

This rule set taken from suggestion by Neviscus. Thanks!
Hopefully, my rule set isn't considered T3. All you need to do is decide how many files you would like to use, and then follow the rules from there. Easy, right? Right!? :D

Updates, News, etc:

(4/19):
I'll be reducing the files allowed, and simplifying the rules a bit, as requested by the higher-ups. I surmise it's because the previous rules borderlined a T3 tournament. Thanks though, for not outright rejecting the idea; was a little worried that it might have had to get pushed back to when I got my T3 host ranking. :)

Tournament Information:

This tournament will be held Saturday, May 11th 2013 @ 8:00 pm EST (GMT -5)

Double elimination (High-Low bracket) and best of 1 (even for finals). The winner of the high bracket will get a second battle if the winner of the low bracket wins in the final showdown. We fight in training arena; keep your fight public!

After every game, players will be given up to 5 minutes for a small break. After 5 minutes, time for breaks will be extended only after both players agree to do so. Time extensions will be granted up to an additional 10 minutes.

If there is a tie for any rank, players will battle for said position (such as 2nd or 3rd place, etc). If you are not present for that particular battle, you will be given the lesser rank.

Tournament Battle Rules:

Before each battle starts, I will randomly determine which file you will use. Each player will submit up to 3 files to use. The more files you submit, the less restrictions you have when you create your files. The rules and restrictions will even the playing field for those that wish to use more or less files, hopefully.

If you use one file, then no random file rolling will occur. Keep in mind this option compels your single file to have a strict limit.

If you use two files, then I will roll a die; there will be 33% of rolling your first file, 33% of rolling your second file, and 33% of rolling for your free pick of which file you would like to use.

If you use three files, then I will roll a die; there will be 25% of rolling your first, second, or third files, and 25% of rolling for your free pick of which file you would like to use.

Your files are private information; only you may choose to disclose how many and which files you will be using, and no one aside from my assistant hosts and me will know which files you are using. During the tournament, I will send you a private message before your games to designate which file you will use. It will be up to you if you wish to disclose your file as public information. My assistant hosts and I will only state whether the file being used is the correct file or incorrect file.

(For example... "Yes, player1 is using the correct file designated" or "No, player1's file does not match the one that was rolled")

Restrictions and Bans:

No specific restrictions or bans will be placed on any cards.

If you use 3 files, you may use 3 copies of your cards among all your files. Any cards used in your Soul System will not be counted towards any limit.

If you use 2 files, you may use 2 copies of your cards among your files. You may pick 2 cards; you may have 4 copies of each of those picked cards among your files.

If you use 1 file, you may only use 1 copy of each card in your file. You may pick 4 cards; you may have 2 copies of each of those picked 2 cards in your file.

Prizes:

TIER 1
1st – 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards
2nd – 10 Point Cards
Runner’s Up (3nd-5th) – 2 Point Cards
Participation Prize – +2 Point Cards
Host -- 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards

Participants:

9/12
randomguy*
Kouseo
Exist
Aoyami
asxlen64
neviscus
Thunderflea
Tyhja7*
Khiruki

Alternates:

4/4
gabotheplaya
Jazzock*
Johnjo*
MarieAntoine

Waiting List:

0/N

Pending File Submissions/Validations:

gabotheplaya (to be submitted)
randomguy (to be submitted)
Kouseo (to be validated)
Jazzock (to be submitted)
Exist (to be submitted)
Aoyami (to be submitted)
asxlen64 (to be submitted)
Johnjo (to be submitted)
MarieAntoine (to be submitted)
neviscus (to be submitted)
Thunderflea (to be submitted)
Tyhja7 (to be submitted)
Khiruki (to be submitted)

Signing Up:

Post here or PM me stating that you'd like to sign up. If the limit of the tournament is reached, then names will be placed on the waiting list. From there, expansions to the tournament size will be considered depending on the size of our waiting list.

Your file(s) must be submitted 24 hours before the beginning time of the tournament in order to allow time for me to validate. At any time before the beginning time of the tournament, you may choose to drop a file out of your file lineup. At any time before the tournament, you may choose to add or drop files to any previous configurations of valid lineups, but please be reasonable.

You may PM me your files, or you may post them here. Your choice.
You may also email them to me at we913@hotmail.com if you would prefer your email's format.
If you choose to email me, then you must PM or post here that you have used email.
I will let you know if your file(s) are valid.

Assistants:

1/2
dfmchfhf
Last edited by UThief on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Image Image
UThief

Re: [Tier 1] (5/11) Roulette Files

Postby Kouseo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 am

All on Red!
Kouseo

Postby Aoi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 am

I will join.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby asxlen64 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:11 pm

sounds like fun, i will join
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby neviscus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 pm

I believe I will join. Just gotta figure out what files to use
neviscus

Postby Khiruki » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 am

Sign me up!
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Romdeau » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Logress and I have consulted and decided that we would like to modify the rules of this tournament; reduce the number of maximum files from 6 to 3 please. Please adjust the restrictions and bans accordingly.
Romdeau

Postby Kouseo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Just wondering why did you guys want to reduce it? I mean it already almost filled up on participants with 6.
Kouseo

Postby UThief » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Romdeau wrote:Logress and I have consulted and decided that we would like to modify the rules of this tournament; reduce the number of maximum files from 6 to 3 please. Please adjust the restrictions and bans accordingly.

Ok ^_^
Image Image
UThief

Postby Jazzock » Fri May 10, 2013 8:35 am

Thiefy, I'm sorry I will not be able to make it to the tournament so I'll have to pull out.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Next

Return to Community Tournaments