suggestion for future grind events

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby fargone » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:54 am

Shirozaki wrote:Stop trying to make my attempt at seeing Rom's mighty gun sound like an innuendo Gadu.


I read this in a thread about grinding events... where your thoughts take you from here is up to you.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.


What, I make legit points too...
User avatar
fargone
 
Posts: 2612
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Honestly grind events wouldn't be so bad if winning wasn't so important. You can do grind events that make you play without needing to win.


Yeah, but this was mentioned about 21122012 times by now ... :?
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby Icyglare » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:11 pm

PeraforgothisPWordLOL wrote:No i don't need to add any description in there they know very well what should be done, they've been told several hundred times by now.

ah cool, then you can stop posting then, no need to repeat yourself


GonFreeces31 wrote:Honestly grind events wouldn't be so bad if winning wasn't so important. You can do grind events that make you play without needing to win.


Now is it the Grind that people don't like, The winning part, or it's the combination that makes a catalyst for a bad event? Also, why don't people treat it like a normal Alteil day if they no like?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby Shrimpyrice » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 am

Icyglare wrote:Now is it the Grind that people don't like, The winning part, or it's the combination that makes a catalyst for a bad event? Also, why don't people treat it like a normal Alteil day if they no like?


At least for me, it's that winning is such an important condition of the event. I don't have the data on this, but in my past experience, these events effectively turn the arena into a meta fest and the likelihood of seeing something new and interesting is dramatically reduced. I've had such a bad experience with these past grinding events that I generally avoid Alteil while they are running. I wish I could treat it as a normal day at the office, but (it seems to me) that the arena environment changes during these events. Is there a reason that winning need be a condition for these events? Isn't the purpose generally to just get people to play? I was under the assumption that Alteil was trying to move away from winning being such an important part of the game when they removed the gran penalty for losing. I've no problem being patient with Alteil as it undergoes a transition and hopefully some change (after 4+ years with this game, the most recent developments have me more excited about Alteil's trajectory than I've been in a long time), but I would like to know that Alteil is building a structure and culture that will encourage and allow events that aren't so one dimensional.
Shrimpyrice
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby Ethikx » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:25 am

Only collecting event I liked was the clover one.

And as always suggested.... at least let collector cards have a 1 gran recycle rate.
User avatar
Ethikx
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 am

Icyglare wrote:
PeraforgothisPWordLOL wrote:No i don't need to add any description in there they know very well what should be done, they've been told several hundred times by now.

ah cool, then you can stop posting then, no need to repeat yourself


GonFreeces31 wrote:Honestly grind events wouldn't be so bad if winning wasn't so important. You can do grind events that make you play without needing to win.


Now is it the Grind that people don't like, The winning part, or it's the combination that makes a catalyst for a bad event? Also, why don't people treat it like a normal Alteil day if they no like?

Yes, you can.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Ethikx wrote:Only collecting event I liked was the clover one.

The only grind event where you didn't really have to grind a ton of games to get the prizes... It was indeed the best one alteil had.

The following link may be interesting to watch when thinking about alteils grinding events:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episod ... kinner-box
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
User avatar
WhiteDragon2
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 am

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby caeser » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 am

WhiteDragon2 wrote:The following link may be interesting to watch when thinking about alteils grinding events:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episod ... kinner-box


No added commentary here from me, just wanted to say thanks for sharing :)
Image
User avatar
caeser
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 am
Location: Roma

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 am

WhiteDragon2 wrote:
Ethikx wrote:Only collecting event I liked was the clover one.

The only grind event where you didn't really have to grind a ton of games to get the prizes... It was indeed the best one alteil had.

The following link may be interesting to watch when thinking about alteils grinding events:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episod ... kinner-box



Ya.


Anyways. Alteil us wouldn't fail so much if they would at least copy every event alteil jp does. You'd see more activity.
Obviously they don't want more activity.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: suggestion for future grind events

Postby Logress » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 pm

As most of you probably remember from my earlier breakdowns, after looking over a year of data on more JP style events from GP, and the results from the JP's team events, running the big JP style events have both a lot of disadvantages, and advantages. Mostly the JP events are a number of smaller events bundled into a package which is heavily publicized (with it's own page and stuff) and in a pattern of events that balance each other to produce results. While generally you hear about the ones that seem (in translation...) super awesome, most of the events or event/elements in a cycle are closer to the poker pack and other things that generate a lot of hate around here. Our attempts to use partial events or some events in an event cycle have proven not to show much in the way of results. Although the biggest issue is really that JP events involve a lot of manpower and manual components ... meaning it's not a very efficient use of resources. Just running the events alone would cost significantly more than Alteil generates in manpower -- before even adding in things like servers and trying to actually make improvements. This situation is part of the reason we're focused on remaking Alteil from scratch in a manner that is platform-portable and appealing to more users (isometric view, modern graphics) -- something, btw, we'll have an announcement about in a week or so.

The collecting events are sort of a happy medium. It got interest up, but more importantly, the interest was from a different pool of users than who have been our regulars lately, effectively doubling the people who have played alteil recently. Also generated a little hate, but less than JP style events often do, and it did take more resources than say a 5 of 7, but on a manageable scale.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress
 
Posts: 6314
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron