About Community Tournaments For Hosts

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

Re: About Community Tournaments For Hosts

Postby Logress » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

Yeah, that would require tier 3

SOME MORE NOTES
-Until things get rolling, you may have to go and recruit (in chat, talk to your opponents, etc) for your tournaments. In fact, even after things get rolling, if your card pool limitations are kind of weird or are difficult to meet without having a ton of cards, you'll probably always have to recruit.
-For now, if someone isn't a forum poster, they can tell you verbally in chat or through the Mail Tab, and you can add them. I guess this applies to those banned from the forums as well. But I recommend you convince anyone who can to make a forum account to do so they can rate you at the end of your tourney.
-We are trying to figure out an issue with the activation/reset password mail, (seems to work fine 100% of the time for some people, others 0%), so if you have someone who can't activate his account, have him email logress@apocoplay.com and I'll get him on the forum ASAP.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 pm

This community tourney thing is a total mess. Someone in charge needs to organize these and announce them on the front page every week.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 am

That's some pretty vague feedback Gon, how would you better improve the organization? To me, you can only hold people's hands so much before it's not even a community run program anymore. Yes we are aware of the exposure issue.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 am

I think you should host one tourney every week and not let anyone else run one. After a few weeks once people get a hang of the system and get used to the regular pattern of tournies, people apply to you to run one. You can then officially endorse one persons tourney and have that be the tourney of the week.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 am

How do you decide who gets to be that lucky host then Gon? What would the application process be?
Romdeau

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:07 pm

So where can i see the dates on which others have their tourney's hosted?

What if initially i start out with one date but then it needs to be postponed because 3 others already have their tourneys that week or any other issue. How flexible is the date allowed to be?

Also about the number of players. Do i really have to make it fixed to 16 / 32 / 64 ? :/

It's a damn lot easier to have an irregular number of players and drop all those who are present in the brackets and go on from there. Everyone's happy.
Of course this would require preliminary rounds.

I remember when i used to host them there was always are really odd number of participants and i had to work with what i had since there were always no-shows.
Which means that even with a fixed number you decide to have (32 / 64) you most likely still get an odd number and most likely never the number you desired.
-peralisc
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Romdeau » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:29 pm

You're allowed to postpone and adjust your schedule, as long as your participants agree.

Yes it needs to be a regular tournament number.

The dates for the tournaments should be posted at the beginning of the post, but if it isn't I will politely remind them to do so.
Romdeau

Postby eman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:18 am

very nice post i like this forum
pass4sure pass4sure
leather4sure-motorcycle saddlebags motorcycle saddlebags
leather4sure-leather biker jacket leather biker jacket
leather4sure-aviator jacket aviator jacket
eman

Previous

Return to Community Tournaments