Harvest 1 Copy Mayhem Tier 1

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

Harvest 1 Copy Mayhem Tier 1

Postby harvest4god » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Tuesday Feb 5th, at 9:30 am EST

The rules will be simple. All cards are allowed, but you may only have 1 copy of each card in file and souls. That means all 30 cards must be different. Same card is based on the name. Therefore, no seasonal cards or shielded cards can be used to get a card in twice. Example: (you can have one dilate OR one seasonal dilate in the file, HOwever you could have Sumer and Sumer and Felena in file as it's not the same card or Bringer and that Special Bringer they made with different skill as this is considered a different card) I do not require a card list and highly recommend building multiple files as you may not have time to change the file after a match.

I want to make this 16 people with up to 4 alts. Double elimination.

To answer certain questions now. If a draw occurs, stay in match and go to chat to tell Host or Host assistant. The game will be watched and winner determined by Host or Assistant. Grading on the game will be based with how well the files were played, who had advantage of match longer and reason for the draw. If a person cheats and has multiple of the same card, once more go to chat, but continue to play game. Host or assistant will watch match. If cheating is found then host will advise you can quit game and other player will be DQ.

Players Signed up:
Aoi
Cainhyde
Idol
Chaoticwars
Azol
Dean
Kouseo
Hexagram

Alts:
gabotheplaya
Last edited by harvest4god on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
harvest4god

Re: Harvest 1 Copy Mayhem Tier 1

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

This seems extremely hard to build for... consider:

1. the you'd need 25 place turns to play your file which pretty much means lots of utility, no set-up.
2. there will be a ton of slack space for files which doesn't doesn't foster creativity (managing limited file space is one of the big mechanics things of this game)

I suggest letting us pack 1 full set as play cards so that there is at least a focal point to the file's strength as opposed to:
*oops this guy isn't good enough, move on to the next guy* cycle.

This at least focuses a strategy to a point rather than cycling multiple possible scenarios and units in a coin-toss trial-and-error match.

i'll edit this post when this tourney gains momentum and i'll probably volunteer as an alt. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby harvest4god » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 am

gabotheplaya wrote:This seems extremely hard to build for... consider:

1. the you'd need 25 place turns to play your file which pretty much means lots of utility, no set-up.
2. there will be a ton of slack space for files which doesn't doesn't foster creativity (managing limited file space is one of the big mechanics things of this game)

I suggest letting us pack 1 full set as play cards so that there is at least a focal point to the file's strength as opposed to:
*oops this guy isn't good enough, move on to the next guy* cycle.

This at least focuses a strategy to a point rather than cycling multiple possible scenarios and units in a coin-toss trial-and-error match.

i'll edit this post when this tourney gains momentum and i'll probably volunteer as an alt. :D

If I let you pack a full set of cards it wouldn't be pretty. ONly Cutter of the Cord muahahahhahahah....cough, that's a joke people.
harvest4god

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:18 am

if i see bigs, i'll just open eskatia shade mad priest. good luck getting sp.
if i see rush i'll play lawtia rush and outrush you with sumer.
volfied is also quite overpowered in this format.
some ban list or w/e needs to be done imo.
Icyman2

Postby Aoi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 pm

Might as well sign up for this one as well. Let it be known that im practically the first official partcipant of all the beginning tourneys :D
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Jazzock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:07 pm

I would sign up but its at like 1:30am wednesday lol. I'll probably be sleeping, or close to thinking about it anyway.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby idol » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Hmm, 1 copy sounds interesting... I have no clue what file I should make!
Oh well, the time fits my schedule so I'll go for it.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby harvest4god » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Interst in this seems non existant. We have till sunday at midnight to get at least up to 12 people and four alts, otherwise, I will close the registration until interest picks up.
harvest4god

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Since this is a Tuesday morning I'll be in class so I can't participate.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby chaoticwars » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:56 pm

This sounds fun, include me! =P
ImageImage
From Left to Right Archerko, Saber, Archer
chaoticwars

Next

Return to Community Tournaments