[Tier 1] Pauper Cup Madness [2/23 13:00 EST?]

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

[Tier 1] Pauper Cup Madness [2/23 13:00 EST?]

Postby MonarcH » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:18 pm

P.S - Can we have alignment BBCode tags in this subforum : (?

Logistics - aka tl;dr, Everything will be elaborated in detail after.
                        Code: Select all
                        Tier 1 Tournament Rewards -
                        1st – 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards
                        2nd – 10 Point Cards
                        Runner’s Up (3nd-5th) – 2 Point Cards
                        Participation Prize – +2 Point Cards

Maximum Players - 16
                        Maximum Alternatives - 4

Time - [Currently Tentative - February 23rd, 13:00 EST. Time can change by a few hours if most people want it]
                        Format - Double Elimination, Bo1 per match. Finals are Bo3.
                        Restrictions - 1* and 2* cards only. Files may not change between matches EXCEPT 1 alternative set of SS (must be confirmed and approved before tournament).

Project Alias - Season 0, Pilot.

Hello! I am Monarch, otherwise known as Light Emperor (LE) in game. As most people already know, I'm not super well known in the community as Alteil is something I play extremely casually in my spare time. However, I do lurk forums often and watch people bicker in our chat about OP META FILE SPAMMERS so I'm aware of current "metagame trends" usually. Anyways, regardless, as an avid fan of casual small tournaments, I've decided to host my first community tournament! I have big hopes for Alteil especially with the addition of the new tournament program. With some luck, tournaments will make Alteil more interesting and appealing long term. Also, who knows, maybe chat will be more active now that there will be things to talk about.

This particular tournament will be a "Pauper format" tournament. In addition to being entertainment and stuffs, I will also be using this tournament for numbers on people interested, time it takes to run Bo1s and Bo3s, most favorable time as well as common files, strategies and miscellaneous things. IF THIS TOURNAMENT GOES WELL, I do plan on routinely (obviously abiding by 1 per 2 week limit) hosting community tournaments with various rules and flavors. So, if there are people who really hope that this tournament support by apocoplay flies, I would really appreciate input and support. This particular tournament will not be streamed but the possibility of streaming future ones if there are any is there.

Rules - In Depth - For Now, Rules Will Be Tentative. They Will Probably Not Change Much But Will Be Subject To Change ONLY Based On Admin Judgement OR Community Feedback

This tournament allows ONLY the use of cards of 1* and 2* (* and **) rarity. This includes SS. EX are not allowed. Hopefully this is clear. Quite obviously, any violation of this rule or any subsequent rule will result in a warning. If the violation is serious or multiple, a DQ (disqualification) may supersede the warning.

Matches are Best of 1. The Finals will be Best of 3.

Please arrive promptly and properly allocate enough time for your participation in the tournament. A max of 16 players means a minimum of 5 rounds (a 6th round involves deciding 3rd place). Please allocate at least 1.5 hours for the whole tournament although, realistically, 2 hours is best in the event of complications.

Because SS lineups are possibly easy to metagame against, participants are allowed 1 (and only 1) extra set of SS. They still must be of 1* and 2* rarity and must be approved ALONG with the file.

All files must be approved before the tournament. Changes in the files are forbidden. All files must be sent in 48 hours before the tournament. That means that if you sign up last minute to ensure we have the necessary players to start, you must attach the file you wish to use immediately.

Some obvious things have not been included but PLEASE read the rules for community tournament players. These rules apply to this tournament (once again, obviously).

Alternatives and Assistant Hosts

I can take 2 assistants and 4 alternatives. Alternatives that show up will receive participation prizes. Assistants will observe matches to ensure rules are being followed and may be responsible in collecting data (win/losses).

Note: SIGN UPS ARE OPEN, HOWEVER RULES AND TIME ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. TIME AND RULES WILL BE FINALIZED BEFORE JANUARY 27 SO THAT GIVES YOU 1 WEEK BEFORE THE TIME TO DROP OUT. If you sign up, the file you plan to use including a list of your 2nd set of SS (optional) must be sent to me via private message 48 hours before the tournament start time.

Roster
            Code: Select all
            Assistant Hosts -

Alternatives -
            1. idol

Participants -
            Aoi
            masterfocus
            VertuHonagan

Last edited by MonarcH on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
MonarcH

Re: [Tier 1] Pauper Cup Madness

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Considering being an alt for this...

what about the shielded cards? there are shielded 3* equivalent cards.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

i think lich 30/30 ss and belt spear ss needs to be banned. in the past, belt kingdom was always first while undead was always second. those tourneys were not very fun.
Icyman2

Postby sunbunman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 am

So... wizard kingdom?
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 am

sunbunman wrote:So... wizard kingdom?

Are you sure?
You can't use Violet/Gafc/Bernet SS, EX Regus Soldier and chara hate card.
WK is playable without those?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby sunbunman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:52 am

you have sin SS, shade SS can work for sp drain (though less reliable than the norm) and skel warrior for revive.

for the file, you can open with witch and use leet fencer, haste soldier, combat sorc, sorc monk, and the flying girl for field disruption and flying girl's pinpoint. Also return and tidal are both 1-2*s
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Jazzock » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

Falkow has a lot more tricks up their sleeve then just what you see everyday lol.

sunbunman wrote:So... wizard kingdom?

^ That is exactly what I thought lol
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Shade as SS.
Wow... that's pretty rare.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Aoi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

I need point cards so sign me up! I just gotta figure out what I want to play.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby MonarcH » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:52 pm

gabotheplaya wrote:Considering being an alt for this...

what about the shielded cards? there are shielded 3* equivalent cards.

Shielded cards equivalent to rarities other than 1* and 2** will not be allowed. I will specify this in the rules when I get home.

Icyman2 wrote:
i think lich 30/30 ss and belt spear ss needs to be banned. in the past, belt kingdom was always first while undead was always second. those tourneys were not very fun.

I wasn't around when these tournaments took place so I admit there are probably some things that make for irritating tournament play or even imbalance. However, I feel it's important to get more opinions on this before I make a decision. Preferably, if people could verify/discuss this claim, I'll make a prompt decision. Also, if it's not too inconvenient, feel free to post an explanation on the lich 30/30 ss. The belt spear ss does seem very strong in comparison to other ss available so I'll look into beltorat tonight.

And yes, Wizard Kingdom is definitely playable. I've lightly glanced through most of the popular files to see what people would probably draw inspiration from and WK, Star Dragon, Pixies, Undead, Beltorat Kingdom, Gowen Rush, Lawt Rushes of various kinds and what not are all playable although some to lesser degrees. I'm not entirely convinced any of those listed are imbalanced. There are always going to be files that have more favorable matchups than others, this is the nature of card games such as alteil. However, if anyone can make a convincing case that certain cards or factions need to be limited in some way then please do so. I'm all ears and I will personally playtest things to get a feel for the power level of things.
Edit: Although returns seem pretty strong against the viable files at the moment since mid/big files are less common. Would like more thoughts on that.

Aoi, you're registered! Thanks for your participation.
MonarcH

Next

Return to Community Tournaments