(Tier 1) Light Vs. Dark!

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

(Tier 1) Light Vs. Dark!

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Lycan's Light vs Dark Tournament!

Each player's deck will consist of either Refess or Lawtia! There will be 8 players on each side! So if you want to get a certain side then sign up early as they are limited! PM me your decks once you have completed one. I will not set a date for the tourney until we have all 16 players.

What can decks consist of?

Soul skills:

Soul skills can only be from the sphere that you chose.

Unit cards:

All units and grims must come from the sphere that you have selected. Everything is accepted so long as they follow the unit and soul skills rules so choose wisely.

This will be a normal bracketed tournament where I will use a random number generator to draw places for each contestant. The matches are best of 1 and the finals is best of 3.

Assistant Hosts:
1. Scientiafide

Alternatives:

Participants:

Refess:

1.okeyna4

Lawtia:

1. MonarcH (Might choose to side with Refess with the new change otherwise he has first dibs on lawtia.)
2. Aoi

I am hoping to have this tournament on a friday or a saturday within the next two weeks. Starting time would be around 7pm EST

For any more information, Tournament ideas, or suggestions please send me a private message and I will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Prizes for those that do not know what they are:

TIER 1
1st place – 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards
2nd place – 10 Point Cards
Runner’s Up (3rd-5th) – 2 Point Cards
Participation Prize – +2 Point Cards
Host -- 50 Gran, 10 Point Cards
Last edited by VertuHonagan on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Re: (Tier 1) Light Vs. Dark!

Postby Aoi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I will sign up as a alt for the morning crew, since i don't really have any of the good support cards.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby MonarcH » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Guess I'll sign up for lawt lycans. EM and some random cards is probably enough for Refess if you need an extra refess though.
MonarcH

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Can you move it to a different day? Also ex brahma should be banned.
Icyman2

Postby Aoi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

If ex brama gets banned, then i propose nue gets banned too.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 pm

nue isn't a night generator. fenrir would be more useful that match.
is sumer allowed?

oh wait i'm a ****. that's an allowed list. not a banned list. welp i guess i won't be playing this tourney lol.
Icyman2

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Can you move it to a different day? Also ex brahma should be banned.

Nah. Ex Brahma is the same as Ex Nightwalker Riza. I see no problem with using the Lycans that are available to them. Also what day would you propose? As I can only be online on the weekends. (The only times I am able to go out to a wifi-hotspot.)

Also I would propose joining up for the tourney even if you can't make a super powered file. The tournaments are just to have fun and play games that are outside of the boring meta. Everyone gets 2 point cards just for playing.
VertuHonagan

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

The card pool is too small, a lot of players will probably have difficulty participating due to not owning the respective cards. It also doesn't help we have a small community. It's not a bad idea, but maybe if it's a simple lawtia vs Refess there will be more participants.

Scientiafide

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:14 pm

This is a rather restrictive tournament, I'm not sure we can sanction this as a tier 1 tournament. Might have to revise and use a different ruleset VH.

Just to be sure, all tier 1-2 tournaments are required to be double elimination.
Romdeau

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Oh? Is this too restrictive for the Tier class? I kinda perfer these kind of tournaments myself. As it sets them apart from the general game and allows players to experience a different kind of game play. I could make it a refess vs lawtia tourney, but then it would just be an undead/en vs ex lap/carbuncles and if you wanted that you could just go play games in folrart. I want my tournaments to stand out from the normal gameplay. My next tournament idea is a subclass tournament where participants will choose a subclass to play as and may only use cards from that subclass unless they need some shields. Example would be archer subclass. Alone they can't stand out very well so they would be allowed to have a knight or two as shields for them, but otherwise the main file would consist of only archers.

Also if this is too restrictive then I will just revise it to be a boring tournament and save all my good ideas for when we can actually be really restrictive on tournament rules. I think a tourney with restrictive card pools are more fun than ones that allows you to play the general card pool that you play in folrart.
VertuHonagan

Next

Return to Community Tournaments