Petition: Errata of the Week

User suggestions to improve the game

Petition: Errata of the Week

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Well the current errata have some highlights (Eagle Soldier, Delrare, Lavande, etc etc). But as the many post hint (or blatantly point out) some of the buffs were rather mehtastic (to put it lightly). So my thought process is maybe they are looking at this the wrong way. Instead of doing a massive errata and doing it wrong (consensus not my opinion) why not pick one card and errata it for a week. Doing it one card at a time makes for less mistake and also taking a week gives you the option to do other things at the same time. Also announcing the card will also give the community a way to give some input on the forums.

This way everyone is happy! So hurry up and sign!

Little add on when I say errata I mainly mean buffing. Nerfing is never fun and should only be done when all else fails.

Signatures:
1. Goscar
2. Aoi
3. Rummy
4. Nitro
5. Gadu
6. Dreamspawn
7. Pera
8. Shiro
9. Hexagram
10. Fargone
11. Jazzock
12. ShadowSketch
13. Loneknight (I think)
14. Sunny
15. Science (insert do it for science joke here)
16. Call
17. Kirky
Last edited by GOSCAR on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am, edited 13 times in total.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Re: Petition: Errata of the Week

Postby Aoi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm

This would be nice, it could be like that card of the week thing and allow for you to buy playsets of it. Signed Aoyami
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Maybe after 2 months or so they can have an errata pack where they sell them but pinpointing it after the unit/grim gets buff would probably be bad business

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Erratas should be held more frequently, I agree.
Romdeau

Postby Aoi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm

That is true if they did it like that it might be bad business, thought it would help people improve their collections.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby NitroDino » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Good idea, I am for it.
NitroDino

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Logress addressed this in the past. Japan did this at one point and it resulted in very low customer confidence in cards. That is, people are generally motivated to buy powerful cards, but if they know what is powerful fluctuates weekly, they will not spend.

If you're interested in this game succeeding you should probably vote no to this.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:42 pm

While I don't agree with weekly erratas, I do think there should be an effort to perform more, concentrated erratas.
Romdeau

Postby GOSCAR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Well I was thinking the main of them would be buffing things like Volcano Giant and Ant Swarm, I heard the majority was of what Japan did was nerfing cards that were staples. So the errata of the week would must likely be just randomly picking a UD card and focus on buffing it for a week. Comunity can give opinions on forum and a week gives appropriate amount of time to really think deep on the buff and give Logress time to do other things; of course it can take less than a week to do the errata but the idea is to do focus on one card for an entire week before moving on.

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby hexagram » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 pm

I disagree. Errata every week seems to be very bad for the game even if it is one card mostly because of gons point and angels pawns point on manpower

More realitically an errata every 3 months or set to deal with problem cards I mean super op like prenerf md aug doll overdose combo,pre pre nerf emmana... or slightly tweak some never used/ rubbish cards seems more realistic and am quite happy with the erratas to date.

However I feel that there are much more important things that needed to be soughted out first and therefore have higher priority.

1) Getting new players and improving new player retention. Games survive off having a playerbase. It is important to also have many free or very low spender players as they provide opponents for others. Also few people will invest or continue to invest in a community/ game that is empty / small playerbase. New players now cannot even find any opponents in crest as it is empty. I suggest when players below lvl 14 play verse npcs it is 100% treasure battles for maybe the first (1-3) game everyday make a new button for lvl 15 under -random battle npc treasure.

2)Fix underdog.
Will increase variety in folrart and encourage more people to play. Not sure what happened with this. I suspect they took it down to stop people getting up to 10 pt cards every 2 weeks. If this was the case I suggest reducing the point card reward to 5 while keeping the wins the same 10 or maybe reducing them too.

3)Auction house. Very important so people can target certain cards at a premium price compared to random purchase options. However there needs to be a high enough minimum price for each rarity and high enough transaction fee that alteil still profits. Also everyone should be able to use it as otherwise it would be unfair to free players and may cause them to rage quit (unless you implement the spenders of 0.50+cents rule can purchase/sell indefinately)

4)other arenas: possibly a 2star and below arena but I think this is counter productive atleast in the short term as the playerbase is small and even arenas like crest are empty most of the time. Being able to get a game whenever you want is very important in folrart arena and it may affect this atleast unitil we get more players
Last edited by hexagram on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau