Circle of Eldritch Magi is recruiting

Circle of Eldritch Magi is recruiting

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 am

I have a dream... A dream of a brighter future. A dream of a guild of valiant iczers working together to share ideas, help each other out, and learn and grow as a group. A guild promoting fun and creativity over elitism. A guild that promotes a positive game environment where people can feel free to try to experiment and share any idea no matter how bizarre. A dream of a guild where anything is possible.

Tonight, I am taking a baby step towards manifesting that dream into reality. On this historic Wednesday, August 3rd of the year 2011... I have hereby established the "Circle of Eldritch Magi."

So, simply put, this guild is going to be primarily for Falkow players to team up and work together. This does not mean that you have to play blue exclusively, but it at least has to be your sphere of preference. This is for the thinking types, for the people who like wind and water elements, who like wizards and mages and magic and mermaids and wyverns. If you are the type of person who likes playing units and clicking attack, well, you are in the wrong place. I would recommend OBK ( :lol: :lol: ). Anyway... Ideally, we will be able to work together and experiment to expand our collective body of knowledge and experience.

Now why should you join? Well... Right now this guild is just me lol. However, I would like to think it has potential. It is the first ever Falkow players guild, and at the very least I have a lot to offer. I would like to try to mimic Gowen Academy as they have done some truly amazing things. So if we can get some more members and build this guild up we can do all sorts of things such as... players of the month, guild events such as fun tournaments, guild roles and positions, or perhaps even friendly competitions with the Gowen Academy.

How do you join? Simple. All I want to know is why you want to join the guild in some written letter of interest (just post in this thread). Win %, RP, spending, level, all that is irrelevant. Mainly I just want to know why you are interested in joining and then will admit/reject accordingly. As the guild is only level 1 right now, there are only 5 open spots. Hopefully in another week or two we will level up and can admit more people. I'm not planning on rejecting many people, but will adjust to the level of demand relative to how many open spots there are.

If you are admitted, I will expect you to remain active and participate with the group, even if that is only 5-10 games a week.

Thanks for reading and good luck.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Circle of Eldritch Magi is recruiting

Postby Romdeau » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 am

GonFreeces31 wrote: I would recommend OBK ( :lol: :lol: )

Hey what is this referencing I resent this, if anyone shouldn't you point to the Guild that prides itself on a sphere that clicks attack?
Romdeau

Postby InfernityFan2 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:43 am

I'd like to join the guild. I'm interested because of some reasons, really. First and foremost, I like what you are planning for the guild. We can't have Gowen Academy get all the glory can we :D I'd like to see and be active on guild rivalry, which in turn will invoke more guild-related activities. On the other hand, it's Falkow. Although, I still consider both Falkow and Lawtia as my favorite sphere equally. Also, Magic Doll will always still be my most favorite tribe :P
InfernityFan2

Postby Teru » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:43 am

So this isn't a cath's/domina's fan club or w/e but it comes pretty close so I'm up for joining.

Honestly, I don't frequent falkow more than the other spheres, but I like to splash falkow in a lot of my files because I find it gives them more of a strategic flavor. Falkow is my favorite sphere to fight against, though. It's the most challenging; since the sphere requires you to think, playing against it means you need to out-think. Earlier today I ran out of time for the first time ever, going against a serpent file. I never thought I'd actually need those 5 minutes, I'd forgotten there was even a timer. But by turn 10 I found myself thinking four, five turns ahead, working out the SP flow, trying to predict when my opponent would use their next return, trying to choose between resting and letting my tank survive or attacking that turn and letting my tank die on that sea claw and then refreshing it's HP with a revival in preparation for the next few turns while trying to figure out whether I'd have enough SP in the future post-revival for a wrath to return that pesky now 3 agi serpent, and the entire time the clock's ticking but I don't even notice I've already burned through 4 minutes, I still had a frog to worry about as well, I had to decide whether my priority was to hole up defensively and focus on SP gen or rush out my field wipe unit ASAP because I didn't want to remain idle for too long against a debuffing serpent

And then there's that stupid owl

So ultimately I ran out of time on turn 10, not being able to decide whether to attack or rest. Falkow has some very strong field control capabilities, so one misstep with a file that relies for the most part on a stable field can lose you the match. But even though it had a premature ending, it's matches like this one that make me realize how fun alteil can really be.

I can't say I play more falkow than anything else. It's more like I'm a fan of falkow, I guess.

But 5 open spots? That's harsh. If more people want to apply, I'll just try again later when there are more spots.
Teru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks for applying guys! Okay you both have been accepted! Ill PM the password later today.

And yeah the cap of a level 1 guild is 6 so we gotta level up. I think its relatively easy to get to level 3 and I think 3 holds like 20.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Igneil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 am

I've always wanted to join a Falkow guild and now it's finally possible! I want to join because i like how this guild prioritizes creativity and fun over winning, which I can relate to from that excitement you feel when u go to try out this random new file you made. Also, I think Falkow's a sphere where we need more discussion, like when and why to play certain cards and how to deal with our super tight file space. :)
Igneil

Postby harvest4god » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:21 am

Romdeau wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote: I would recommend OBK ( :lol: :lol: )

Hey what is this referencing I resent this, if anyone shouldn't you point to the Guild that prides itself on a sphere that clicks attack?

I am kinda lost on this too Gon, as we don't have a specific Sphere or mode of play. In fact, I personally play all 4 spheres and play fun trick files.
harvest4god

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am

Twas just a joke guys lighten up.

Okay Igniel you are in glad to have you on board! Thanks for expressing interest!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby imortal12233 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:54 pm

can I join on my alt falkow alt?
Needs a new sig, but haven't come up with one.
So here is a message about how I need a new sig but haven't come up with one :D
imortal12233

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Okay so the PM system is not fully functional apparently so my attempts to send the guilds password failed. Hhmmm. I sent the PW to Teru in in-game mail. I guess look for me in chat tonight and I'll send it to you guys.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to General Guild Chat