Is this Sparta?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Is this Sparta?

Postby Ropey » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:15 am

300, the level I will soon reach. Many others are near or over this mark. Atm the fact that I will only receive two more level up cards bothers me more than a little. I am hoping that when Horizons is released there will be something to keep me playing. With no UD anymore all I can really see is grind events. How something like 5of7 will fit in with the new model is perplexing me. Will we have to play cards within the Horizon or be given free range?

If players of level 300 and above have no need for exp what will stop them terrorizing the arena with any file they see fit? I did hear that our levels would be hidden. If this happens then there would be even less reason for players above the 300 mark to bother extending their level. So all that would be left is the star system, presuming that it is kept in place. Players would use any means necessary to get a streak. We are not talking about a minority either these are hardcore regular players. How is the arena, already a fearsome place going to feel to newcomers?

There is also talk of an RP reset. Personally I can't see a problem with that, but then I have never been bothered much by it.

Before writing this I was not sure about a level reset, but now I am warming to it. The problem I would have with a level reset is being given 1 2 and 3 star cards. I have every one them! and after working my way to lev 300 I think I deserve more. It shows dedication. I would be glad of the chance to be offered 4 star cards again.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Is this Sparta?

Postby Icyglare » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 am

It's not sparta

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby worthing » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 am

worthing

Postby Ropey » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:44 pm

It is you know.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:40 am

I have been killing high levels for ages now.

No need to hide the levels.

I just see high levels as free 5*s.

Kill five of them and you get 10 levels fast.

I like leveling as slowly as possible while letting other people grind the hell out of their own accounts for their 5*s so i can walk around and stab them once or twice per battle and get my own 5* in less time with less effort required. :)

Screenshot of this duel is from 2009-2010. Or 2011? I can't remember.
Callonia

Postby gabotheplaya » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:41 am

Play daily? Daily lotto?

Hide levels? Prevent assumptions from opponents that are unfair and annoying?

Reset level? I'm a supporter, but seems unlikely... CPC and all. I wanna go play in crest with all the newbies.

Reset RP? For sure.

Reset MAX RP? Might be good for a fresh start.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Ropey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:29 am

Playing daily for lotto is fine for the spendthrifts, but when AH comes out I won't be bothered with lotto.

Even if you hide levels players will have some idea of who to target when the Exp drops in their laps. Or if they go in chat I am sure they will be pointed in the right direction. So hide names? and avatars. Spose you could change your name and avatar regularly?

The reset level is tricky cos of what I have said above. Pol Pot's year zero springs to mind. Dam! That's what I should have called this thread.

People have been poking fun at my RP, but I just can't be ruthless to noobs. If I see a struggler or someone close to a level up then I have to quit. It gives me a good feeling. Better than any star or high RP ever could, and I play files that are rubbish but when they work they really do work. Giving be a buzz that I made something original. I don't just starve players of SP, reset their sphere levels or send them to the cemetery and I try not to spam. It makes for better games. Plus I am constantly experimenting. By the time I get the file at a good win rate. I am bored with it and move on.

Resetting the max rp is a yes from me, but that is easy for me to say.

Cue the Dead Kennedys. This video contains VERY DISTURBING images, and the lead singer, Mr Jello Biafra looks a little like Gon!

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Alteil General Discussion