On the Horizon

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

On the Horizon

Postby Ropey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:32 pm

After reading the new update for Alteil I came away with this thought. Having a large card pool I have no fears that I will be able too field the horizon basic cards, and will probably treat it as I did the old underdog. Gaining fight money and Exp until I can get the cards I want which will probably help to make files that will be outside of horizon basics. Then have fun with those files until I move on and repeat the process. But how will all this effect you?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: On the Horizon

Postby wakka9ca » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:49 pm

This is a good idea assuming they execute it very well like Wizards of the Coast with MTG (still debatable introduction of Modern and stuffs...).The only problem I see would be a rift between the Standard-oriented players and the Legacy-oriented players.

To make this work, we need more players though :)
wakka9ca

Postby urizen'sforum » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:57 am

I am really skeptical of this, for one thing dividing the game into (excuse the mtg analoygy) standard and eternal formats will make matchmaking and ladder-climbing a nightmare. I'm hoping the "next few weeks" bit clears this up. I really hope they introduce the new client and the "horizons" rotation idea as a shop aspect not as a arena aspect to start off and don't jump the gun on this, also if this new cloent does not have reconnect EXPECT RAGE ALTEIL STAFF OMG- THE NUMBER ONE REQUEST OF PLAYERS FOR THE ENTIRE GAMES EXISTENCE HAS NEVER BEEN ADDRESSED, GET ON THAT IF IT IS NOT ON THE PLATE, FRIKIN PRIORITIZE THIS.
urizen'sforum

Postby Ethikx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:18 pm

One of the purposes of using HTML5 is to get rid of connection issues entirely, so hopefully a reconnect button would never be needed.
Ethikx

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:55 pm

"If you search for a battle when you're using a Horizon Basic File, the system will try to pair you up with another Horizon Basic user"
I'm a bit sceptical about the word 'try' in here, especially considering alteil's low player base it may be an empty statement. It may be nice to add the option of locking out non Horizon Basic user and make it the default. That way people can toggle it off if they aren't afraid of facing potentially more powerful files outside of the current horizon basic cards collection and don't want to wait any longer, but people aren't forced into playing against them (I remember playing against meta files with relatively weak underdog files and it usually wasn't a good game, I'd rather just have the game client idle for a long time untill it tells me a match is found by a sound effect)

I do hope that Horizons will allow casual players to collect enough gran/fm/point cards without grinding/paying such that they can attain a couple of viable files whenever the basic set changes, but we'll likely get info on that at a later date.

Just as has been preposed for UD, it'd be nice if we could filter for Horizon Basic cards in the file editor and have some mark or check to tell us which files are in the current Horizon Basic format.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby worthing » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 am

The kickstarter will help fund the advertising. Alteil plans to use Public relations instead of online ads since a lot of people have ad block or just ignore all the side ads. Quite a bit of spending will go towards the PR so I find it very likely that the community's playerbase will multiply in a short amount of time. A few other cool things are in the works as well to help new people out including the horizon set logress was talking about.
worthing

Postby Temaris » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:07 am

So, was there no weekly newsletter this week, or is it just running late because they're working so much right now prepping Horizon?
Temaris

Postby Temaris » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Still no response? Okay, let me rephrase the question. Did anyone else not get the weekly e-mail newsletter this past week?
Temaris

Postby Jazzock » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:30 am

Nup I didn't lol. I assume they're bogged up with work...
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 pm

worthing wrote:Quite a bit of spending will go towards the PR so I find it very likely that the community's playerbase will multiply in a short amount of time.

Cool!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Return to Alteil General Discussion