Pulling the wings off flies

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Pulling the wings off flies

Postby Ropey » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 pm

I earlier came across a rather pleasant chatty player with a silver star. I congratulated my opponent for obtaining this most converted achievement. They then divulged that it had in most part been gained by playing, and I do hate the word, against noobs.

I was dismayed by this as I tend to offer a leg up so to speak, to those I deem worthy by quitting. Normally I time this well, just as I have them in my evil grasp I message them "Have one on me" This always gives me a good feeling, and I do believe helps the game and breaks down the barriers between the level of players, but of course I digress.

The reason said player had to maintain a winning streak was all to do with their guild. I believe this to be don't quit week, and they got loads or prizes for trampling over players with cheap one trick files. Imagination be damn! The recent nerfs must have stung them.

On a side note one very high level player said something along these lines as I myself went for the 10 games without quitting. Why don't you something or others, I believe the chap was American so I didn't really understand the slang, but I think it was something to do with feminine hygiene, quit and stop wasting my time. Imagine how I laughed at his mistake!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Pulling the wings off flies

Postby gabotheplaya » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:39 pm

My suggestion might be relevant to your interests.

It gives incentive to play competitively for bot highbies and lowbies without creating any animosity between players.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=14618

I could even work in something for the streaks creating a progressive jackpot of sorts if streaks is such a big deal.

I'll push for admin support after the new engine launch. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Ropey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm

That guy who insulted me keeps trying to do it again! I think. Even though every time we duel I tell him chat is off. The chat keeps flashing and I have never seen a word of it since his original nasty comment. I wonder if he shouts at deaf people? Or flashes his privates at the blind? I do wish he would just get on with it. What a complete plum!

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Ropey wrote:That guy who insulted me keeps trying to do it again! I think. Even though every time we duel I tell him chat is off. The chat keeps flashing and I have never seen a word of it since his original nasty comment. I wonder if he shouts at deaf people? Or flashes his privates at the blind? I do wish he would just get on with it. What a complete plum!

Those kind of people is what I refer to as soulless grinders in my poasts.

There's a reason why I never make my GMB files 100% unbeatable.
Callonia

Postby Ropey » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Sorry, I have no idea of what a GMB file is ? I walk around with my head up backside too much I spose?

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Return to Alteil General Discussion