If you could errata a single card...

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: If you could errata a single card...

Postby Shirozaki » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 am

Anima13 wrote:I have a complete different access to that.

...What?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Veterans just have a tendency of completely forgetting what learning Alteil is like as a newbie. The game already is overwhelmingly complicated and adding more rules, regardless of whether they are for better or for worse, comes with a very serious cost of complexity. LK if you don't understand how this game is overly complicated already, ask Logress about why he thinks Orcs would be the perfect starter file.

The other huge problem AGI on grims would add is that you would then have to do a ton of rebalancing to figure out what AGI to put on preexisting grims. It's just a huge mess that would require a ton of time and seems to have very minor benefits.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Only 5~6 grims get this Rankup effect added to it. It says "this card goes first", and that's it.
In terms of balance, needing to read that skill on 5~6 grims is a small price.

If you want to discuss overcomplicating things, there's alot more to say about units like Orthos. Conditional this 'n that before it starts working isn't exactly a players friendly card. It can be a fun tech unit, but what i'm really asking myself is; why all the ifs and buts to it?? From where the fear?
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Conditionals aren't driven be fear, they are implemented to give players a more interesting game experience. If everything just auto-ran without conditionals, I seriously doubt this would add more game depth instead of subtract.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Ah, that's another way to look at it.
Fear would be not making his cem removal skill into the 1st Startskill?
angelspawns

Postby LoneKnight » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Veterans just have a tendency of completely forgetting what learning Alteil is like as a newbie. The game already is overwhelmingly complicated and adding more rules, regardless of whether they are for better or for worse, comes with a very serious cost of complexity. LK if you don't understand how this game is overly complicated already, ask Logress about why he thinks Orcs would be the perfect starter file.

The other huge problem AGI on grims would add is that you would then have to do a ton of rebalancing to figure out what AGI to put on preexisting grims. It's just a huge mess that would require a ton of time and seems to have very minor benefits.

It doesn't add a new rule. It abolishes one. Or, depending on your view changes one. At best it's one less rule, at worst it is the same number of rules. It is never more rules.

Yeah, I can see some rebalancing having to be done but honestly don't care. Just counter opens actually going before the grims they are supposed to counter 100% of the time would be a huuuge benefit. Or heals going after dmg opens. That'd be nice too.
LoneKnight

Postby Icyglare » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 pm

On difficulty of learning... hmm...

The most trouble I had on this game:

1. SP for letting units die (didn't know that)
2. RNG: Range of 1 is easy but after that it isn't auto knowledge
3. General game knowledge with more advanced rules: I played Emerald Carbuncle with just 1 in Refess, I had no knowledge that it was to prevent shade. I told the guy, but suppose my Open Skill goes first?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Quigleaf » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Icyglare wrote: eneral game knowledge with more advanced rules

There's a wide number of situations that anyone is bound to see as an Iczer that are not covered by the rules info.

- I play Shade, my opponent plays Folrart Flying Cavalry, which Open skill resolves first? The shade. Why? No idea, guess it's based on Agility?
- I play Shade, my opponent plays Rapid Growth, which Open skill resolves first? Rapid Growth. Why? No idea, guess Grim's have precedence over other cards?
- I play Shade, my opponent plays Shade, which Open skill resolves first? None, both cards Backlash into each other because they were played at the same time and are put in the Cemetery.

So on and so forth. It gets messier with multiple Close skills and field wipes.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby urizen'sforum » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:56 pm

nerf

fierete
condition use 6 unit card in file cem or removed from game lvl 3 or more

Return
condition use turn 5 or more

Tidal wave
condition use turn 5 or more

Cyclone/wrath faytis same treatment

Succubus
remove action skill

Diondora
Something I don't know what exactly, she's too splashable into anything as a catch all against big decks

Lock pixies change to moxy first time this is activated mechanic too good against right file autowin(WAY TOO MANEY AUTO WIN THIS MATCHUP CARDS)

ALL BUFF SS too dichotomising certain decks just cannot deal with them properly certain decks autowin against you just turns game into coin flips

Buff

Old bringer

Old salamander

Old rhino

Old ex Cursed knight
urizen'sforum

Postby Callonia » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Well I'll be, if even a grinder like urizen agrees that the returns stuff is an autowin card.

*Gets out the nailnerfbat for application upon return spam.*
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion