Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Postby gadu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:37 pm

I always mix up Scientia and Shadowsketch the way people mix up Icyglare and Icyman. :?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't really understand the criticism of Orthos, "He is a tech unit therefore bad." Tech units are an important part of any game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I don't really understand the criticism of Orthos, "He is a tech unit therefore bad." Tech units are an important part of any game.

For me, I can't help comparing him to Belus. Whatever Orthos may be, she is no Belus @_@.
gadu

Postby Anima13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:27 pm

gadu wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:I don't really understand the criticism of Orthos, "He is a tech unit therefore bad." Tech units are an important part of any game.

For me, I can't help comparing him to Belus. Whatever Orthos may be, she is no Belus @_@.

I find this very amusing. Cause I keep comparing squid to belus..............
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Belus is level 5. Orthos is level 4. The squid is level 6. If Orthos was ever better than Belus it would be overpowered. If Belus was ever stronger than Squid it would be overpowered as well.

I guess you could comeback with a statement like, "LoL! Noobslasher dilate is better than most level 6 units!" or "LOL Bringer is still better than most level 7 units!"

Yeah I guess that's true...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Who said Orthos is tech therefore he's bad?

Scientiafide

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Angelspawn expressed that sentiment earlier in this thread about orthos, and repeatedly in the past about other tech cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Anima13 wrote:I find this very amusing. Cause I keep comparing squid to belus..............

I also find the squid more terrifying than Belus x_x.

But Orthos compared to Guardian is a no brainer.

However, I think Orthos might be better than Zagar...
gadu

Postby angelspawns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

I love tech cards. I like cards that have hidden potential and combo's. Lots of my files evolve around a certain tech? One example would be Kirin + lawtia draining cards. (gangadore, overdose on gorilla, proto noze, w/e) Toromea+Rasfel to gen +2SP. I even went Safiria + Serpent, etc.
There's alot more fun for me in trying techs.

I don't like how certain techs have to meet unrealistic conditions and circumstances to become executable. Some techs aren't even made with a working file in mind. Then it's not the tech, but the design that failed.
Orthos has a wonderful tech added to him now: engage random Agi4 + reset Atk stats. It's great. If there's support that consistantly clears the Cem before his startskill, it can become reliable. But there isn't. A multisphere grim out of refess and soulskills can't turn it into a dependable working state. I'm required to build a passive enviroment around it where i don't kill things. And then the whole thing turns into 'meh'... So now it's just a 1-of to put in any random refess file and i should forget about him.
angelspawns

Postby gadu » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

I was wondering what made Jade and Diamond the target of nerfs rather than Obs, Violet, or General? It's unrealistic to nerf General, but does Violet really need to drain AGI when everybody except the characters has 4 AGI or higher? Obs not only powercreeps every great spirit, but forces a game ending stall. When you compare it to this card, it's shamelessly powercreeped.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... php?id=846

Yes, Carbuncles still kick my butt. :oops: It's not even a remotely close matchup.
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion