Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Postby Anima13 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Scientiafide wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:It can be done, I know I saw Johnjo running around folrart with a silver star using his grimcount file.

Yes I said it couldn't be done without a gimic and last I saw him playing he was abusing that cheezy defense boosting SS.

So what if he uses the + def SS? It's a grimcount exclusive SS, and it's getting him a ridiculous amount of wins. If it's getting him the results (after playing several games) what does it matter? It clearly works.

Inb4 return complaining player says, "Like how falkow players abuse that cheesy return grim amirite?"

you could run a lebau ss instead.
Its like you win vs lvl2 rush with durendal ss, against falkow with mystic soul, against lvl3 rush with aafee..

He doesn't win because grimcount is competetive vs deck X but becasue 1 soul hardcorecounter deck X, and he could run other units too.
Anima13

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 pm

leboob ss would give 25 defense for that file lol. Max out at 40. Not even joking.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 pm

At least grimcount kills units, something which you can do about instead of returns.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Callonia wrote:At least grimcount kills units, something which you can do about instead of returns.

Icy2 said "Someone stop the afee vonderclone elite mk cheese".
So no, it's even worse than normal X with Return.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby hexagram » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 am

not cheese legitimately strong especially against refuss

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:So what if he uses the + def SS? It's a grimcount exclusive SS, and it's getting him a ridiculous amount of wins. If it's getting him the results (after playing several games) what does it matter? It clearly works.

Inb4 return complaining player says, "Like how falkow players abuse that cheesy return grim amirite?"

Did you even read what I wrote? He is not winning on the merits of tribal tactics, but an inconsistent soul skill that auto wins games verse people who don't have effective ways to deal with 50 defense.

So an argument for this tribe being viable goes like this: "Grim count can work so long as you use ridiculous inconsistent SS that frequently create auto win or auto loss games, depending on the match up."

That is what I was complaining about, if you were reading what I said.

The bottom line is that he got a silver star with the file, and it seems he has a pretty good win rate with it. Clearly, if he's winning so often it's not inconsistent, and it's not due to a "gimmick."

Scientiafide

Postby Ropey » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Looking at this again I see the brilliance of the design team. It set the stage for Silver Dawn. Now although I have always rooted for Mercs even I can't help feeling a touch scared :shock:
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:50 pm

CainHyde wrote:
Callonia wrote:At least grimcount kills units, something which you can do about instead of returns.

Icy2 said "Someone stop the afee vonderclone elite mk cheese".
So no, it's even worse than normal X with Return.

Do it pack a disjunction?
Callonia

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion