Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Postby VertuHonagan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't think this was a flop at all. Its just harder to get the cards. I bought 2 gold boxes and I am greatly enjoying the cards i got in it. Its very fun set and great art too
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 pm

ErnnLaties wrote:Why do you guys nerf grimcount so much??? every set? Bernet 3.0 open sucks for the no grim thing... and seriously grimcount needs more Mirelia type units who can attack for free based on grimcount, not more support :p

Traditional grim count hasn't been viable without some gimic for years now thanks to the super anti-falkow biased set 6 errata. You found a way to make it work by abusing Afeemina SS for free wins, I abused Faytis for free wins, I've seen other people abuse that stupid super defense SS for free wins. It's just a matter of what unit you play on turn 3 and what unit the opponent plays. Powercreep has grown so much with level 4 units that no turn 3 level 4 unit in grimcount is a viable early game play lest you just killed fast then snowballed on.

It's possible some new level 3 versions may be viable now, though.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Jazzock » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's possible some new level 3 versions may be viable now, though.

...I should make one and find out...
well something to do tomorrow!
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Anima13 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Jazzock wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:It's possible some new level 3 versions may be viable now, though.

you will get the typical issues. you need to fight early game for both sp and grimcount because all grimcount units have still falkow stats. So unless you find some innovative new open that solve this, you will loose your early game to most other competetive decks in hand of a serious player.
Anima13

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Anima13 wrote:
Jazzock wrote:

you will get the typical issues. you need to fight early game for both sp and grimcount because all grimcount units have still falkow stats. So unless you find some innovative new open that solve this, you will loose your early game to most other competetive decks in hand of a serious player.

It can be done, I know I saw Johnjo running around folrart with a silver star using his grimcount file.

Scientiafide

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Scientiafide wrote:It can be done, I know I saw Johnjo running around folrart with a silver star using his grimcount file.

Yes I said it couldn't be done without a gimic and last I saw him playing he was abusing that cheezy defense boosting SS.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:20 pm

He still is.
Someone stop the afee vonderclone elite mk cheese.
Icyman2

Postby Scientiafide » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:It can be done, I know I saw Johnjo running around folrart with a silver star using his grimcount file.

Yes I said it couldn't be done without a gimic and last I saw him playing he was abusing that cheezy defense boosting SS.

So what if he uses the + def SS? It's a grimcount exclusive SS, and it's getting him a ridiculous amount of wins. If it's getting him the results (after playing several games) what does it matter? It clearly works.

Inb4 return complaining player says, "Like how falkow players abuse that cheesy return grim amirite?"

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:42 pm

He triggers mk ss, I play allind or Sakura.
Sorry not consistent.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Scientiafide wrote:So what if he uses the + def SS? It's a grimcount exclusive SS, and it's getting him a ridiculous amount of wins. If it's getting him the results (after playing several games) what does it matter? It clearly works.

Inb4 return complaining player says, "Like how falkow players abuse that cheesy return grim amirite?"

Did you even read what I wrote? He is not winning on the merits of tribal tactics, but an inconsistent soul skill that auto wins games verse people who don't have effective ways to deal with 50 defense.

So an argument for this tribe being viable goes like this: "Grim count can work so long as you use ridiculous inconsistent SS that frequently create auto win or auto loss games, depending on the match up."

That is what I was complaining about, if you were reading what I said.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion