Why the miku malice.

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Why the miku malice.

Postby Spears » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Targetted spending for higher end spenders rather than the lower end that the faction packs cater to. What was it about these cards that got people so riled up.
Was it because they were not part of a set or ex, if so is it worse than the batora packs? If for instance they offered a trio of 3 stars from a set would it be so badly received?
Would you buy a set of rares from a set for the same price? Would these then increase recycle hell for those who already bought boxes?
Spears

Re: Why the miku malice.

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Because my middle name is the Grinch and I don't like LE cards that cost a small fortune to obtain.
Romdeau

Postby Spears » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:22 pm

They were certainly cheaper than obtaining playsets of conventional rares though right?
Spears

Postby rsvlito » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:34 pm

I purchased the Mikus including the complete avatar. I agree with Rom that the price was higher than I wanted to pay but I payed anyways. No regrets at all for me, but I agree with those that think the price was too high for the cards and avatar.
I shouldn't have bit my fingernails, now it hurts to pick my nose :(

"Less QQ more pewpew"
"They See Me Rollin They Hatin"
"Haters Gonna Hate!"

Gowen = Fire
Fire = Intensity
Intensity = Power
Power = Win
rsvlito

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Spears wrote:They were certainly cheaper than obtaining playsets of conventional rares though right?

That's debatable, plus conventional cards aren't LE.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm

I can spell out the issue in plain english for you.

This is a card-based computer game. In all reality it actually has nothing to do with cards at all, it simply uses the concept of cards in order package and use a modular data design to set up its game parameters.

Computer games costs about $100 when first released, and then only for the top releases. Most games sell for half of that. Therefore to charge $50 for a small expansion on a computer game is simply rude. The players of alteil know this, and they are sick of alteil trying to take advantage of them. Further, the few are tired of carrying the many in terms of dollars.

Therefore, many ppl who either do spend, or would really like to spend but can't justify the costs have an internal reaction that kinda goes along the lines of "**** you alteil".

The biggest insult for these players usually comes in the form of someone saying, "but its cheaper than some of the other alteil alternatives." Sadly, that justification is a further reminder of how ppl have been ripped off already. It is more of an inciteful than pacifying and does nothing to actually justify the costs in the first place.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:25 pm

I'm just not impressed by the cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Spears » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Well the reason i asked was whilst washing up i was considering the prebuilts and how awesome they are, but at the same time they cater much more to those on the lower end of the spending spectrum.
A high rare prebuilt would probably be priced out of the range of those who currently benefit but the whole recycle hell thing would make the majority of the file just surplus to most of the top end buyers in my opinion.
So the other option would be to release a pack of high rares, would this go down well? how much would you pay for a trio of 3/4 or 5 stars how mad would you be if they bought out a pack of bringers for next to nothing compared to what you payed for it.
As the rubbish rares thread shows stars dont equal power so why do we want them? presumable not for recycle value heck they could have made the mikus recycle for 150 each ( other than the complete box) might this have made them go down better?
Spears

Postby Romdeau » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

I think the point fargone made is pretty much the larger scope of the problem, which is the simple fact that this game costs too much.

Just because the 'conventional' methods of obtaining rares may be equally or more expensive does not justify the costs attached to the Miku cards.
Romdeau

Postby Spears » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 pm

I dont disagree with the game as a whole costing too much. i was trying to assess why the release of more targettable spending which is something we have often requested was so badly received, ex9 for instance didnt cause such a stir.
Spears

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion