Card Search and File Editor Beta v0.2

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Card Search and File Editor Beta v0.2

Postby Otonashi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Beta version is finished!

----------
PATCH:
Set 10
Includes images for the 62 Set 10 cards, plus the Dec. 28 version of the database.
http://www.mediafire.com/?cdrbrnmsxinzdep

----------
.EXE Plus images and Database (Get this if you don't have a previous version)
http://www.mediafire.com/?oaqq2y3k4mnvni4

Most recent .EXE (v0.1.2, Nov. 9, 2011)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o13rud89kvm2r5n
----------
Most recent Database version (Dec. 28, 2011)
http://www.mediafire.com/?57f65ckcgp081v5

----------
Known bugs and issues:
-Minor punctuation issues with some card names

----------
Version History
0.1 Oct 30, 2011 - Beta Launch!
0.1.1 Nov 6, 2011 - Bug Fix, no longer crashes when placing cards on top of other cards in the file editor.
0.1.2 Nov 7, 2011 - Added (hopefully) more descriptive error messages to certain areas
0.2 Nov 9, 2011 - Added Reset button. Clicking this will reset your search options to default (But not conduct a new search)

----------
Current functionality:

1)Advanced Card Search engine
-Ability to search/filter the card list by the following factors: Sphere, Expansion, Rarity, Level, Type, LP, HP, AT, DF, AGI, RNG, Subtype 1, Subtype 2, Rank Up, Artist, Male/Female*, Underdog, Skill Text, Skill Type
-Sorting the results of the search
2)File Building
-No limit on the amount of save files
-Can export files as an image for easy screenshotting
-Can export files as an ASCII based code for input into other users programs to view the card file.
3)Graphically and functionally similar to the in-game file builder

*The most recent sets do not appear to be labelled with this tag, so it's mostly guesswork on my part.

----------
Future features:
1) Ability to input and store the users Card Library
-Will be able to group seasonals and other versions of like cards
-Will interact with Card Search engine
2) Additions to Card Search Engine
-Can show cards that the user has a specific amount of copies of
3) Ability to bookmark individual cards, for cards used very often.

----------
How to set up:

This program is designed for Windows based operating systems, and requires .NET Framework version 4 or higher and the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (chances are you already have this, but if you get an error when the program launches you may be missing this). To set up, simply download the .rar file and unzip it. It should extract to its own directory, but if not, create one for it. Make sure the program is able to read and write to the folder it is placed in.

Make sure CardProject.accdb and the CardImage directory are in the same directory as AlteilFileEditor.exe. These are used to store the cards stats, and the cards images respectively. AlteilFileEditor.exe will fail to run if CardProject.accdb cannot be accessed.

Link to Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... x?id=13255

----------
How to use:

1) Search Button: Simply press the button, and the card database will be filtered and sorted to your needs.
2) Filter options: These options will impact the results of the Card Search when pressing the Search button. The Card Search will only find cards that match these criteria.
3) Advanced options: By pressing this button, a menu will drop down which contains many more advanced Card Search options.
4) The Card Search panel: The results of the Card Search will be displayed in this area. They will be arranged in 5 rows and 4 columns, with any cards that do not fit being carried over to another page. Navigate pages using the arrow buttons at the bottom.
5) Sorting Options: You can sort the results of the Card Search in a number of ways by selecting a Sort Option from this drop down menu. If multiple cards tie in the value they are sorted by, they will be also be sorted by ID or Name (Selectable from the Options Menu; The default is by ID)
6) The Card File: You can create your own files from this panel. The process is extremely similar to the File Editor used in-game, and thus can be done one of two ways:
-You can click on a card on the Card Search Panel to highlight it. While a card is selected from the Card Search Panel, any space in the Card File will have that card inserted into it.
-You can click on any space in the Card File to select that space. While a space in the Card File is selected, any card in the Card Search Panel that is clicked on will have that card inserted into the Card File in the selected space. The following space will then become highlighted instead.
-To Remove cards from the Card File, simply right click on it.
7)The File Name: This displays the file name. Enter a file name here before you Save a card file. It will also change to display the selected name when a file is chosen from the File List (8). Both text boxes will mimic each other at all times.
8)The File List: All saved files are displayed here. A number of buttons are present that perform a number of functions:
-NEW: This will clear the current Card File, and set the name to "New File".
-LOAD: This will load the file that is currently selected in the Card List.
-SAVE: This will save the current Card File, using the name that is currently in the File Name box.
-DELETE: This removes the currently selected file in the Card List.
-EXPORT IMAGE: This will take a snap shot of your Card File. The resulting image will be saved in AlteilFileEditor.exe's directory, with the name of the card file. The image can be saved as a .bmp, .jpg, or .png, depending on which format is selected from the Options menu. (default is .bmp)
-EXPORT CODE: This will display a code in the box below. This code can be given to other people, to be imported into their program to view the Card File you have made.
-IMPORT CODE: This will read the code inserted into the box below and construct the Card File it represents.
9) Options Menu: This tab will display various options that can be adjusted according to your preferences. It also contains the Underdog Updater button, which when pressed will update the Underdog List stored by the program to the most recent version (Internet connection required)

----------

Any feedback can be posted here, PMed to me on the forum, or by messaging me in-game (In-game name is also Otonashi)
Be sure to give me a heads up if a bug is found or other problem occurs, but comments and criticism is also welcomed.
Last edited by Otonashi on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Otonashi

Re: Card Search and File Editor Beta v0.1

Postby hexagram » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Nice - How long did it take to create that - I appreciate your effort - looks better than loneknights version (which is still great) but the con of yours is that you have to download it. It surprises me the effort people put into this game, trying to support it/ help players which is admirable.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Otonashi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 pm

A couple hours every weekend over about a month and a half. Personally I think being able to download it is a pro instead of a con; It's a lot better for people with low bandwidth or a cap, and it tends to run a lot faster too.
Otonashi

Postby angelspawns » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Looks very cool and usefull!
I only have 1 question... how up-to-date will the database be? I'll mostly use it for underdog files.
angelspawns

Postby Otonashi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Any new cards will have to be updated manually. Anybody is capable of editing the database if they have Microsoft Access and can figure out the layout, otherwise I'll post a new version when new cards come out.

The underdog list is automatically update-able from the program itself. All you need to do is press a button on the Options menu and it will grab the most recent list.
Otonashi

Postby angelspawns » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 pm

Otonashi wrote:The underdog list is automatically update-able from the program itself. All you need to do is press a button on the Options menu and it will grab the most recent list.

Thank you very much. <3
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

Otonashi wrote:The underdog list is automatically update-able from the program itself. All you need to do is press a button on the Options menu and it will grab the most recent list.

Speaking of which, isn't it that time of the week again?

Either way, darn, that looks handy.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Otonashi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Found an issue with the database, some cards were labelled wrong. Simple fix, just read the first few lines of the opening post.
Otonashi

Re: Card Search and File Editor Beta v0.1.1

Postby Otonashi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Fixed issue with a crash when placing new cards over top of old cards in the File Editor without removing them first. Those who already have the database and the images folder only need the updated .EXE, see the top of the opening post for the link.
Otonashi

Re: Card Search and File Editor Beta v0.1.1

Postby DDrgn » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

It's not working for me. :(

- Have Windows and .NET 4
- Extracts to it's own folder called "Program"
- Error Message after clicking "AlteilFileEditor.exe"

"Could not read Card Darabase. Please make sure the Database is not open in another program and is in the proper directory, and try again."
( ゚ ヮ゚)b
DDrgn

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion