Disconnect Issue (Yes, this is a real bug)

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Disconnect Issue (Yes, this is a real bug)

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 am

I had the "you have been disconnected" box while I was spectating, but I was still getting new data from each turn.... meaning I was not disconnected. I could not click any of the buttons like exit duel.

Since around day 3 of batora, I've been getting dc every other match. Never had this problem. Internet is very stable and I used to go 200+ games before a disconnect.
Icyman2

Re: Disconnect Issue (Yes, this is a real bug)

Postby Callonia » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:03 am

Uh Idk, alteil on old system atm is very fickle. In fact my avatar didn't show up until few months ago and thatis a year or two after the move from gamepot i think to apocoplay.

Alteil used to d/c alot for me but it seems to have stopped. I would recommend waiting til horizons come out i guess.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 pm

it's happening every other game for me, and my connection seems fine. i can play tens of other online games without lag so i don't understand why i can't play this one. making me very angry. not a computer expert but it looks like something server or software side.
Icyman2

Postby Jazzock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:04 am

Icyman2 wrote:I had the "you have been disconnected" box while I was spectating, but I was still getting new data from each turn.... meaning I was not disconnected. I could not click any of the buttons like exit duel.

I've had this before @_@
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Kawa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:46 am

I'd been having disconnections from time to time for quite a while. It was getting worse lately, getting disconnected frequently from PvP, and even from PvE and the File page. I even submitted a bug report, frustrated about getting DC'ed right after pressing the Start Battle button. I was answered by Logress himself who suggested I try clearing the browsing history. Additionally, he pointed that it might be a security setting problem and that making this site an exception in my browser may solve it.

I had cleared the cache before without much luck, and I didn't think it was a security issue, thus I tried connecting my computer to the wireless router with a LAN cable and now I rarely get DC's (it still happens in the File section sometimes).

So, that's some troubleshooting you may try if you're expreriencing DC's. Logress also said that they haven't gotten any DC's while testing Horizons so far.
Kawa

Postby Kenjun » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:05 am

My lag/disconnect issues are resolved after I use Chrome's Incognito mode (got the idea from Alteil:Horizon's Alpha, which I couldn't log in unless I go incognito) so maybe you can try that.

Based on other's comments and my own tests, IE does not work(can't even log in??), FF takes up a lot of resources (crashes out immediately for me), if you wish to continue using these other options.

And on a separate issue, Alteil:Horizon runs perfectly well (after I logged in with incognito) and faster than Alteil so it's time to back it if you have not already done so!
Kenjun

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 am

I never really used the incognito window before the alpha and I have to say it by passes a ton of things for me that don't work in normal chrome windows. The internet just got better for me :D
worthing

Postby Kenjun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:43 am

The disturbing part is that I've reported this via "support" (and have even received the email confirming my submission) but have yet to receive any response from apocoplay.

This is not exactly a good way to 'market' the kickstarter campaign for Alteil: Horizons.
Kenjun

Postby Icyglare » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Kenjun wrote:The disturbing part is that I've reported this via "support" (and have even received the email confirming my submission) but have yet to receive any response from apocoplay.

This is not exactly a good way to 'market' the kickstarter campaign for Alteil: Horizons.

They already addressed it publically
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Kenjun » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:12 pm

Icyglare wrote:
Kenjun wrote:The disturbing part is that I've reported this via "support" (and have even received the email confirming my submission) but have yet to receive any response from apocoplay.

They already addressed it publically

Where/when did they do that? I'm interested in the solution. Thanks in advance.
Kenjun

Return to Fellana's Laboratory