"too many connections"

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

"too many connections"

Postby Anima13 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:59 am

OK till I am struggling to get back to game, can some IT expert enlighten me about this? :D ty

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/ALTEIL2/htdocs/portal.php on line 9
Could not connect: Too many connections

I am also getting a white page when entering alteil (If I manage it).

EDIT: Ok Maintance is over and I still cannot access alteil :.

EDIT: I also recieved some feedback that some other iczers couldnt log in either.

EDIT: somehow this time It finally worked out and I am curretnly ingame. Maybe a small fluctuation in the mood of internet? No idea whats happening :D.
EDIT: I think the interface Is loading for some misterious reason INCREDIBELY SLOWWWWW
Anima13

Re: "too many connections"

Postby Romdeau » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 am

I can confirm this bug happened to me as well earlier.
Romdeau

Postby Quigleaf » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:58 am

Whatever it is happening has extended to the forums as well.

That "too many connections" stuff sounds like there's something wrong with the connection pooling. I've been affected by this all day, only able to login for a few minutes before the game kicks me out due to a double login.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 am

This is the harmless little sister of some worse evolutions of the same error that can be prompted for several reasons, including "too many average connections /h" (which I doubt), "Too many crawler requests" (which is unlikely), and "connections are established for too long, causing unnecessary loads on the server" (which is more likely, since I remember MM recently upped the timeout limit).
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Return to Fellana's Laboratory