Berserk-Manga and Anime

Anime and Manga

Re: Berserk-Manga and Anime

Postby Eladin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:00 am

Ginnazoh wrote:robert jordan passed away while working on the last book of the series and someone else took over after being asked by robert jordan's wife. then they decided to split his super long last book into 3 more books...so that entire series going to be a 15 book series, I knew there was a reason I gave up on that series after book 5...

I probably won't read berserk until the entire series is finished. I've had enough of waiting for new chapters after my experience of waiting a whole year for claymore...

word, to pretty much everything you just said.
i'm definitely not getting into that series..especially since it sounded vaguely like the writer himself had a difficult time keeping on track to begin with sometimes...and it spans that much time.

this is why i never buy manga at local comic shops (other than their selection not being great) i'm never sure how long something has run.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 pm

I'd like to point out that the card Like the Hand of God's flavor text is straight up ripped from Berserk ;th2
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:41 pm

You're right, it totally is. Well there are lots of Berserk fans at MB, so it's no surprise that Anna translated it that way (assuming it was her idea). I can still hear that opening monologue from the Berserk episodes. Especially the way the word "ritsu" always seems to stand out. I'm pretty sure that's Void's voice actor who reads that bit.

This is all the better since that card's a 3*. That means I get to drop it sometimes in GM battles!
Arakis

Postby DWildstar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:22 pm

More brownie points for anyone who can catch the reference in "Disarmament." :lol:
DWildstar

Postby Eladin » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 pm

...it does sound vaguely familiar...
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 15, 2010 3:14 pm

So I decided to wait 1 year for my next Berserk fix, and was rewarded with 7 chapters. Finally! Miuria has decided to move back to Guts and friends-he had an epic return which I totally ate up.
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Sat May 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Indeed, we're back to Guts & co. But Miura's apparently on another long hiatus. I'm pretty sure chapter 313's not been released yet, and 312 was how many months ago? He must be working on something else concurrently, because otherwise how's he making any money?
Arakis

Postby Peralisc2 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:33 pm

How old is this manga? :lol:

Am sure 313, was released. ... Yes, it was, need spoilers? :P

He must be working on something else concurrently, because otherwise how's he making any money?

Probably the manga is his part time job, because otherwise how else would he take so many years to complete one manga. Just compare it to Gantz or other mangas with a large amount of chapters.
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Romdeau » Sat May 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure his entire fan base wants to strangle him for his ridiculous breaks-"Oh 4 months between chapters seems reasonable". :evil:
Romdeau

Postby Arakis » Sat May 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Peralisc2 wrote:How old is this manga? :lol:

Am sure 313, was released. ... Yes, it was, need spoilers? :P

No, I'd like proof. Care to PM me a link to a raw, if there are any out there? Google only turns up stuff about predictions and such, so I'm pretty sure it's not out yet.

This manga is, I do believe, 21 years old. Give or take.
Arakis

PreviousNext

Return to DeFau's Den of Infamy