Eredan ITCG

TCG's

Eredan ITCG

Postby Politikas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:06 pm

http://www.eredan.com Found this new timewaster recently, Idea is pretty good (every card getting experience, 3 heroes battling vs 3 of oponent using 20 card action deck), art is decent (if you like french comics stile), new cards every week, really working mision system, with interesting weekly missions.
Cons: Game is still really new, started this year, so bugs are happening all around, and Its main language is french, so English version has some strange wording sometimes, and "wrong text" section of bugs forum is most used place of forums.

Oh and write Politikas as godfather if you decide to play.
Politikas

Re: Eredan ITCG

Postby Gota » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Looks like Kongai
Logress wrote:Gota: I just looked at your lottery logs... I officially declare you the most unlucky man on earth.
Gota

Postby Politikas » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:52 pm

More complex, and better support.
Politikas

Postby garcia1000 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 pm

seems like it sucks atm
"Pixies are all level 2, right? So why not try to drop cyclone on them?"
garcia1000

Postby Empharion » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:12 am

garcia1000 wrote:seems like it sucks atm

though I'd like the trophy system here in alteil.
Main: Empharion-Falkow
Alts: Otherworld-Refess Pherione-Gowen
Empharion

Postby DanTheTimid » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 am

Seems like the game still needs some polish, if I had more free time I might give it a shot but as things stand I'm merely going to put it on my "wait and see" list. It has been book marked though, and should I ever get into the game I do intend to give you god father credit Politikas, always nice to know when new online tcgs are discovered as its still an under represented game type which I feel still has a lot of as of yet untapped potential for success do to some archaic and less then ideal conventions and pay models that companies seem afraid to move away from. What we need is a company like arena net to step out and do things in this genre like arena net and guild wars have done for the MMORPG genre.
The bunnies of Lavato have special abilities, like 'Action Skill: Make Carrot Disappear.'
DanTheTimid

Postby Lateralus923 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:30 pm

I signed up and gave godfather credit to Politkas. Not sure if that does anything by itself but if I ever decide to start playing, it's setup that way.

Looks interesting, albeit a bit more simplistic than Alteil, though that was at first glance. No idea about all the currency - crystals or whatever. Can you get those from battles or only cash shop?
It'll be like a taco, within a taco, inside a Taco Bell, inside a KFC, inside a mall, that's INSIDE YOUR DREAM!!!!!!
Lateralus923

Postby Spears » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 pm

i got put off by the banner for my lil ponee at the top...
Spears

Postby Politikas » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Its from other games of same company, no relation to this one :D
And ways to get crystals - 20 for loss, 40 for win, 70 for perfect win (all char alive). Up to 250 from facebook if you have friends who play, and up to 150 if they send you more, and of course trophies, some of them give up to 1000. So getting around 700-1000 crystal a day is pretty easy. (good LV1 char in market cost around 1000) so its more free player friendly than Alteil.
Also you get to choose one of three starter decks at first, but the great idea of this game is that you can buy other two later for only 1200 crystals (like I said 1000 crystals day). So "I hate my starter deck" situation is really easy to solve.
Politikas

Postby arfort » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:22 pm

I've been playing Eredan iTCG for a bit over two months now. I honestly really like it, it's fun and fast and doesn't cost nearly as much as Alteil does.
Cards, mostly the characters, level up. So at first you don't stand a chance against the older players. But they ease you into it a bit, your account level up and at first you can play in rooms limited to level 1-3, etc up until you reach level 14 at which point you have to fight against other level 14+ players.
The upside is that if you don't mind getting pummeled endlessly you can level up characters and resell them for profit. If you want to get a good deck for free this is the way to go.

Beginner tips: You want to replace most if not all the characters as soon as possible. First of all, starter characters can't be sold on the market so they have no long term value. Second of all, you'll want to start levelling your end game roster as soon as possible so your characters aren't still at level 1-2 when you enter the level 14+ room. You can get some really good rosters for cheap, like Zil "The Pack" characters.

If you're going to purchase packs, always wait until Wednesday to do it. They release a few cards every week and move them into the same booster. If you open a new card of the week that just came out, it will sell for a lot. And once in a while they'll give a bonus card in boosters with alternate art. It's always one of the new card of the week and so far the art has always been very nice. So it's worth it to wait until it's a Wednesday with promos to purchase packs.

And regarding the quality of the English text, I think the english version is fine. I'm primarily French (French Canadian, not French from France) and I still play in English because it's what I got used to at first. And I've reported a few typos / mistakes in translation and reported them. Being bilingual has the advantage that I can understand the original card as what the translation is supposed to be. So far the typos have always been fixed within a day or two of being reported.

The short of it is that the game isn't perfect, but it's pretty fun and it evolves rapidly.

My "nick" is Francis_Desforges if you happen to see me.
arfort

Next

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt