Alteil 2 (JP)

TCG's

Re: Alteil 2 (JP)

Postby wakka9ca » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 am

Hi ameko,

What do you think about changing some of the translation vocabulary? I know you want to be as literal as possible, but we have the US equivalent of the tribes... Also some syntax errors

"The Man who Reject the Death" -> "The One who Rejects Death" unless you know the aforementioned one is male
"When usual morning will come?" -> "When will the usual morning come?"
"All is a fraud of Fate" -> "All is a Trick of Fate"

Named -> Character

Magician -> Sorcerer
Royal Family -> Royalty
Magic Kingdom -> Wizard Kingdom
True Religion -> True God Church
Army of Hell -> Abyssal Forces
Army of Mortal Sin -> Cursed Legions (needs new name because Durendal took over and reformed the old Cursed Legions from Zuga)
Dragon -> Dragon Kin
Southern Wild Tribe -> Barbarian (Nanman = barbarian from old Chinese)
Android -> Magic Doll
The East -> Far East
wakka9ca

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I actually wanted to propose the same thing when I read the special EX, thanks wakka.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Callonia » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:10 am

Army of Hell and Army of Mortal Sin is amusing xD
Callonia

Postby Haqua » Wed May 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I have to thank you guys for doing so much of the translation. I still haven't fully wrapped my head around the mass variety of files in Alteil 2 yet, but so far I must admit I quite enjoy being trounced by a large variety of file (at least it's not the same freaken, EN/Pixie eating me alive now).
Haqua

Postby AngelicDeath » Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 am

Hi Ameko,

Sorry for being so delinquint in the updates to the database. I have been fairly busy. I managed to get a few more cards and have the proper names for the database. Added time shackles, souther archer, urgent recovery to the DB. Will try to get a few more onthe list during my break.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby hexagram » Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 am

Just saw one of the japan players on a 8 win streak. It was ・ファリア・ (Faria) but he/she used a different iczer name.

The japan player played quite well I think but gave up on me. I think it was a badmatchup for me and he could have won but may be a little inexperienced. He played an interesting file. Standard lvl 3 Falkow rush with emmana, but with grimore count with corresponding ss - bernet and then mirelia too. May as well if he has excess to all 300 ish cards.

His english was quite good too - I was pleasantly surprised and we had a short chat.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Icyglare » Sun May 06, 2012 5:37 pm

It would be nice if we had a large enough community with 100+ members always active on forums/games. If they made those cards dual-language, can you imagine how many of us might transfer?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 am

Icy,

Your point is quite valid. In a lot of ways i am shocked we even have a us alteil or a german alteil. In that tournament we had you could choose the option of japanese or english for your cards. I do not see why that could not be a standard option in A2 at your startup screen or even before each match. Would be nice to have the entire community (japan alteil and us alteil) joined into 1 - much easier to collect cards on their server. Perhaps the coding is just too difficult but with the cost they endure for running an office and staff for ours I would think they could get it done.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby hexagram » Mon May 07, 2012 8:45 am

We have a german alteil... :o?

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby wakka9ca » Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Alteil JP just announced a FIFTH Sphere. And nope it's not an April Fool's joke.
wakka9ca

PreviousNext

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt