Battle Craft

TCG's

Battle Craft

Postby kawaiido » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

So, anyone heard of this game?:
http://www.gameshydra.com/

It's really hurting for a player base, but before signing up for it, I did a short review on it you might want to check out before diving in:
http://kawaiido-zone.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -busy.html
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Re: Battle Craft

Postby Tomazas » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:02 am

Another warstorm clone, and warstorm wasn't a good game to begin with.
Tomazas

Postby kawaiido » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Tomazas wrote:Another warstorm clone, and warstorm wasn't a good game to begin with.

Really? Forgive me, I never played Warstorm myself so I can't make the connection.

EDIT: I YouTube'd Warstorm Gameplay. Warstorm is MUCH WORSE (least Battle Craft is more honest about itself where Warstorm seems to trick you into believing (with it showing you the hand) you have control. If anything this is an improvement. If anything it would be more fair to compare Warstorm to Tyrant and I hated that game.
Just some blog of mine on games...
Ithaldir talking about pancakes wrote:I guess hatin' on breakfast is what the cool kids are doing now.
kawaiido

Postby lightray55 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Stumbled across this game again on Kongregate of all places. (gotta love their suggested games feature which works wonders when you've rated practically all their CCG's highly)

I remember playing it a few years back and getting frustrated due to the inability to complete the campaign (single player) quests with the starter deck. This time around they have made some really cool improvements like letting you choose the factions (spheres) contained in the packs that you redeem.

This gives free/new players the ability to choose a couple of factions and focus on building those up as opposed to random scattering of cards which don't work together. I've really enjoyed the campaign and they have added other cool stuff like raids and even sealed deck tournaments (which you have to pay for).

Overall it suffers from the "rarer cards are significantly better" problem, but who cares when you are like me and enjoy a single player challenge (beating the AI when it has significantly better cards) and can't really be bothered doing pvp. Also I laughed at the achievement set that involves getting your RP equivalent to ridiculously low levels (the fools quest)... lets reward you for losing, but you better be good at it!

I think this game is an order of magnitude better than warstorm because you get to choose the initial placement and powerups of your cards (as opposed to just letting them come out in random order and do their pre-defined thing). While nowhere near the strategic depth of alteil, i'd recommend the single player campaign for a fun distraction.
lightray55

Return to Zugateroza's Crypt