Recommendations for Visual Novels

Video Games

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby Ethikx » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 am

Is there a newer version of Rewrite out? I remember trying it out months ago but with a lot of problems.

I'm looking at picking up either Paradise Lost, Shizuku, Shikkoku no Sharnoth, or Forest. Any opinions on these?
Ethikx

Re: Recommendations for Visual Novels

Postby Shirozaki » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Rewrite was...released not even two months ago? Which is by my definition not exactly a timeframe I'd label as "months ago", unless you're talking about the common route patch, which was missing half the things either way.

I found Forest to be incredibly dull and uninteresting, plus the art looks bland if you have watched Shaft anime like, say, Madoka. Some found it to be "trippy", but it was a bit over the top with its imagery, so it was lacking the subtlety that real headache inducing surreality has. That...and the fact that I'm not into lolis.

Shizuku was...Can you consider Shizuku a classic? I mean, for today's standards it's not all that entertaining, but it was the beginning of Leaf, who grew with each of their releases, so if you're into "retro" (It's not even retro, since it wasn't all that popular) I'd recommend it. Though I'd recommend Kizuato over Shizuku, but it's never been translated to my knowledge.

I was recently reading the Lovecraft Vnovelization, Kara no Shoujo 2 (sequel to kara no shoujo) and Offline Girl, though I'm not having much time due to work.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Previous

Return to Catherina's Play Room