Strategies and Card File Construction

A Breakdown of Files - A Falkow Story

Postby harvest4god » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

Here is Falkow

Links to other Articles:

Gowen: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8291&p=112306#p112306

Refess: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8288&p=112288#p112288

Lawtia: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8290

This one will be the longest out of all of the articles, not because Falkow is better than the other spheres, but they have many files that only work with certian cards so you can not mesh multiple files. The reason is that most files are centered around a single card, therefore, they need proper support.

Wizard Kingdom or WK
This file is actually one of the easiest to make in the game as it really only requires one main card to be added to the starter file and it's good to go. That's not to say it will be the best file out there, but it will be competitive in Folrart. For the sake of example though, I will assume you have none of the cards available.

Guaranteed cards (you got to have them):
Mage Knight of Regus 2*
Return 1*
Sorcerer Monk of Regus 2* (end game)

The idea behind the file is to get a full field of Wizard Kingdom units. Mage Knight will boost the AGI of all these units by 2. The point of the deck is to get all your attacks off before your rival does. Although, a lot of the units don't have high attack, you can time some well placed returns to let your units concentrate on single units destroying them. It is not unheard of for this decks to have 3 returns and 3 sweeping tidal waves in them to keep units off the field. Once more the common units are the more commonly used cards for this file. The General Open for the file is Level 2 Free Revive, Level 1 (Owl Sage or Song Sorc or Tidalwave), Level 3 (Base it on your rival),

Common Units for this file:
Owl Sage 2* (This is used to build up SP so you can keep playing level 3 units since most WK units are level 3)
Rapier Fencer of Regus 1* (Since AT is based on AGI, this is a good combo, with song sorcerer you can get his attack to 90 every turn)
Song Sorceress 1* (Only recommended if you have Rapier Fencer of Regus in file)
Elite Fencer of Regus 2* (Good for slowing down rival and building your AT up)
EX: Wizard Soldier of Regus EX (Free revive, common open)
Sweeping Tidalwave 2* (This is highly recommended)
Haste Soldier 1* (Free revive, if ex wiz soldier is not available)

Serpent or Sea Behometh
This file is a good file that uses a lot of low rarity cards. There are quite a few variations out there so it's a good file to experiment with.

Guaranteed Cards(Gotta catch them all <----"Pokemon reference" I even pointed it out to make it funner :D )
Sea Serpent 1*
Enormous Frog 1*
Meaning of Failure 1*
Something to Tank

Yea, that's right. You could technically build this with three 1* cards. It's by far the easiest to obtain Rarity wise. Of course, the common cards make the deck much better. The idea of the file is to use Tanking units on the front row with Serpent in the back and frog in the middle. Frog will engage a unit, which will allow serpent to hit them hard with his skill. It is highly recommended to have some engaging soul skills for this file. The common cards are what are needed to make it into a true Behometh deck. For the open, you want to build up some SP first so you can play multiple level 4's and 3's in a row.

Common cards for the file:
Witch Queen / Catherina 5* (Open)
All types of returns
Sea Hunter 2* (Tank low level)
Sea Claw 1* (Tank, Pinpoint)
Giant Ancient Tortoise 1* (Tank, More DEF)
Crab General / Vosrot 3* (Combos with all Sea Behomeths)
Bog Wyvern 2* (end game)
Sorcerer Monk of Regus 2* (end game)
Deep Sleep 1* (Helps Sea Serpent)
Magic Greatsword Soldier 2* (Since your sphere levels will be higher, his attack will be high)

Mermaids
This file is just starting to get popular. It does require a bit of skill to get it set up, but is a lot of fun to play.

Guaranteed Cards:
Return 1* (seeing a pattern here yet)
Meaning of Failure 1*
Mermaid Soldier [Human] 1*
Cursed Siren / Metia 3* (Mid to end game)
Mermaid Spear Fighter [Human] 2*
Mermaid Transformation 2*

This file does not have a real set flow except to have all your mermaids working together to defeat your rival. You need to build up a bit of SP in the beginning so you can put out mermaids non stop. The order you play should be based on what you are playing and not have a set lineup to play. You can use any of the other mermaids in the file.

Commons in the file:
All other carriers (Up to your tastes as a player)
All other mermaids (up to your tastes as a player)
Any other return grims

Grim Count

This file has a lot of high rares in it, so it is not played a whole lot, but it is powerful when it gets going.

Guaranteed Cards:
Lady Paladin / Mirelia 5* (Shocking, isn't it)
Princess of Regus / Bernet 4*
Ocean King / Vondora EX
All types of returns
Meaning of Failure 1*
End game unit (see commons)

The idea behind the file is to get Mirelia out fast and use her to continually recycle grims while she kills units. You can return the problem units so she can concentrate on the weaker ones. If she gets killed, you can play an oversoul to recycle her and to continue with the destruction. If you can play Alma at the same time all the better. The more grims you play the stronger they get.

Commons for the file:
Wizard Soldier of Regus 2*
Eldrich Hands 2* (Grim that does damage based on Grims)
Forbidden Book 3* (Increases grim count)
Swan Swordswoman / Alma 4*
Silver Fencer / Ascarat 3* (Recycles forbidden book for more grims)
Dragon Summoner / Ruuca 3* (End Game)
Bog Wyvern 2* (End game)
Frost Sorceress / Rasam 3* (end game, Will need time stop 2* to combo with it)

Dio Return
This file has been very popular as of late.

Guaranteed Cards:
Spell Analyst / Diondora 4*
Enormous Frog 1*
Return 1*
Sweeping Tidalwave 2*
Elite Fencer of Regus 2*
Sea and Wind / Bulerigid Soul Skill EX
Owl Sage 2*

The idea for this file is the same as Serpent but instead of attacking them, you will return them using dio's skill. You want to have some extra Tanks up front and these are really up to you. Bulerigid Soul Skill is usually in the 4th Slot and the rest are usually engage soul skills. The point is to keep all rival units off the board and iczer while they replay their cards. There are no real commons for this file as the requirements are all you really need.

Big Blue
It was requested so I will add this one as well. Once more, this file has a lot of rares. The narrative will be longer than normal since the strategy behind the file is complicated.

Guaranteed Cards for Big Blue:
Water Emperor / Legrye 5*
Sea Lord / Vonderam 4*
Meaning of Failure 1*
Disjunction 3*
Wrath of the Sea Lord 3*
Cyclone 2*
Return 1*

This is a file that requires a lot of patience and skill. The idea of the file is to build up your SP and to play Legrye and Vonderam. This file is completely based on returning your rival and destroying whats level. You want to have at least 10+ LP and most err on the side of caution and have 12+. Now once you get the require Sphere to 9 and you will probably want more than 9 SP availble due to this next part. Legrye's open will remove a random unit from the field. The way to best capitalize on this is that you want to lower the randomness for this. For example, if they have a field full of level 2's and a couple of level 3's, you would want to play cyclone first to clear the level 2's, then next turn play Legrye. This will remove one of the 2 level 3's on the board. As you can see this requires heavy planning to know how and when to play Legrye. Also, remember that Legrye will return all level 2's and below on auto. Vonderam is there to return level 3's and to damage an additional unit. So if they have a large field of 3's you can use Vonderam to return them for a long time. If the file relies on level's 3 or less. This file will slaughter it.

Common Cards for the file:
Waterspout 1* (If they are playing big files and get two high level cards out, you can use this card then Legrye to return both)
Tanking Units (Vonderam and Legrye have good attack and HP, but you want to keep them from taking hits as much as possible)
Slyph 1* (to make legrye or vonderam go first & don't forget that legrye will return it back to your file so you can cycle them over and over)
Dragon Summoner / Ruuca 3* (End Game)
End game unit (Your choice)
Last edited by harvest4god on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
harvest4god

Re: A Breakdown of Files - A Falkow Story

Postby sunbunman » Sat May 21, 2011 2:09 am

No big blue? o.O
It may have died down but still a powerful deck

oh and good job on all the deck breakdowns,wish I had them when I first joined (wouldn't have recycled some of the nicer cards)... all of these need 2 B stickied NAO!!!!!
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 21, 2011 7:47 am

sunbunman wrote:No big blue? o.O
It may have died down but still a powerful deck

oh and good job on all the deck breakdowns,wish I had them when I first joined (wouldn't have recycled some of the nicer cards)... all of these need 2 B stickied NAO!!!!!

Although Big blue is considered powerful, i wanted to put files in that people will see most often. Breaking down every file is a task I am too lazy to do lol.
harvest4god

Postby sunbunman » Sat May 21, 2011 4:53 pm

oh okay I only wanted to know because this is one deck type I've always been curious about and honestly speaking there aren't many if any files on the forums and the only replay I've seen with it is that of Worthing beating one. This is after hours of lurking the forums >.<
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Big Blue is one of the highest skill filetypes IMO to create and run. That's why you never see it or hear about it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 21, 2011 5:09 pm

sunbunman wrote:oh okay I only wanted to know because this is one deck type I've always been curious about and honestly speaking there aren't many if any files on the forums and the only replay I've seen with it is that of Worthing beating one. This is after hours of lurking the forums >.<

Ok, I will write it up and add it lol.

EDIT: Big Blue added
harvest4god

Postby Ahina » Sat May 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Would Faytis be considered guaranteed for a Mermaid deck? She seems like a pretty important part of the Mermaid decks I've seen... but then I haven't seen that many.
Ahina

Postby harvest4god » Sat May 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Ahina wrote:Would Faytis be considered guaranteed for a Mermaid deck? She seems like a pretty important part of the Mermaid decks I've seen... but then I haven't seen that many.

It's not required...but it is listed in the commons as "any other mermaids" He's a good card to add, but you don't "have" to have him to make the file work.
harvest4god

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:11 am

For what it's worth I'd say 2 Faytis are essential for mermaids. Also, it's really important to get Metia down ASAP. If you play her like a 'traditional' endgame unit, when you drop her, your field will be crumbling her buff will go to waste.

Big Blue is also complicated cause it's almost the complete opposite of other big types. All other big files are "counter attack" type, as in, you play powerful bigs with the point being to destroy the opponent. Like if they have a ton of little guys, you use Allind or Star Dragon. Big Blue is a "Field Control" oriented file, where the whole point is establish a dominant position on field. Using Slyphs/Undines for Legyre/Vonderam is really important, and also having solid mid-level units to take control is vital. Legyre and Vonderam can give you a SP advantage, but keep in mind a 4SP advantage is HUGE early, but the longer the game goes on the less important it is.

I've played maybe 40-50 games with Big Blue, and IMO you can easily get away with only 1 Legyre and 2 Vonderam. Having the second Legyre helps sometimes, but not always.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby sunbunman » Sun May 22, 2011 4:22 am

thnx harvest ur the best
i'ma aim for big blue after i finish sea serp xD
sunbunman

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum