LP Count

Strategies and Card File Construction

LP Count

Postby sunbunman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Was wondering how people decided how much lp their file had. For example whenever i make a falkow rush, any falkow rush, i choose my lp count based on the number of sacs in the file, generally using the formula lp = number of sacs + 1.

For example:

Here, the file has 5 sac units, 3 sages and 2 unidines (volfy doesn't count cause he isn't used in like 90% of the games). So, accordingly i have 6 lp worth of life points counting ahelby-> song as 2 lp.

So i was wondering how people determine their lp counts and types of souls for different file types i.e. rushes, lvl 4s, mids, bigs, etc of each sphere.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Re: LP Count

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm

You revive owls and undines sometimes.
Anyways, I do it the other way around. I make usable sacs=lp-2. Meaning I decide on my lp before I put in sacs.
Icyman2

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 pm

For me it depends on how many sac units. How aggressive i want file to be. the level of cards im using and how much time for sp gen i need.
AquasFire3

Postby gadu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I do mine based on the number of units that don't have boobs in my file +1. I find boobs more enjoyable than sacs.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby RedPhoenix » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 am

gadu wrote:I do mine based on the number of units that don't have boobs in my file +1. I find boobs more enjoyable than sacs.

:lol: agreed
PHOENIX......that means I can't die!
RedPhoenix

Postby idol » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 am

We'll just refer u as "boobs" from now on, 1 quick question tho,
U count each pair as 1 or 2 units?

Now back to topic, I think it goes down to personal preference, and how you expect early game and end-game to be played.
While early game don't have that much of impact on total LP, I think mostly its on end game.
Say, for instant, your WK would probably lose if most your WKs die out, so you have revival 5th SS and don't count them in LP.
But for a file that has 1 or 2 key end game units, I think it makes more sense to count all sacs and mid-game units in.

My formula for a general LP would be something like this:
% of sac units used X total sac units + early/mid game key units X 1 - (revival SS X 1) + 1
Then adjust it as I play.

I think easiest way would go 1-1-1-2-3 (9LP) and tweak the last 2 a bit.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby NitroDino » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am

Standard formula for my files is usually:

LP = number of different units

Here is an example, 9 different units and I am using 9 LP

NitroDino

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am

It depends on the file type. In a rush where you need to win asap, you can have a lower LP count than the total number of different units in your file. If you're planning on dropping a durable endgame unit, then you need to be sure you have enough LP for it; I tend to follow Dino's formula instead for these file types. Bigs (and some mids) are a bit trickier though, with these file types you need to account for possible Iczer attacks and the fact that you're not going to use every unit in the file; sometimes you may even voluntarily let a unit die for SS dodging purposes (which also costs extra LP). For these file types all I can suggest is to start with 12 or so and feel it out: observe how the file flows, how many units you normally play, and whether or not you seem to be winning with too much LP or if you find you could use a bit more. Eventually you'll find a good balance between useful, well timed SS and having enough padding.

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:43 pm

The scientifide advice. Start with 12 lp.
Sea serpent is different. Most of your units die by endgame. And you have no violet ss.
Have you used that file since ruuca nerf nitro? Seems like monk goes in a lot better now.
Icyman2

Postby NitroDino » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Icyman2 wrote:The scientifide advice. Start with 12 lp.
Sea serpent is different. Most of your units die by endgame. And you have no violet ss.
Have you used that file since ruuca nerf nitro? Seems like monk goes in a lot better now.

Well would probably run it with Faytis and Monk instead now.
NitroDino

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum