Set 11 starter file tutorial videos

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Set 11 starter file tutorial videos

Postby worthing » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello every. Me and my lovely assistant Jazzock took the liberty to make videos on how to play each starter to help newer players and people who want to try out new spheres. I think they are worth taking a look at since the new starters are quite competitive compared to the previous starters. Anyone enjoy!

Lawtia starter tutorial

Recommended cards to add to the starter for beginners:

Succubus

Augmented Sorcerer

Magic doll Augmented

Gowen starter tutorial

Forest Rhino

Kurina

Bringer

Giant gorilla : Screwed up the name but come on he looks pretty angry right?

Earth dragon : Use him as a soul skill

Refess starter tutorial

Safiria

Holy knight lapierre

Etoile

Verlatt

Falkow starter tutorial

Mystere

Return

OP owl sage

Sylph

Undine

Tidal wave

Sorcerer monk

Good soul skill in general:

Lycanthrope Scylla

Asuet

Distrier
worthing

Re: Set 11 starter file tutorial videos

Postby GOSCAR » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Did you just recommand Etiole? You are dead to me....
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 pm

What do you mean? Etoile is a good suggestion. :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Great vids, hopefully new players will be able to see this and take advantage of this resource.
Romdeau

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Could you explain why you open with kurina instead of man eating tiger? You only have 2 copies and kurina's auto skill gets more useful the more units you have out on the field. Added to that, the fact that refess can open with a unit that can kill your first copy on turn one (while not being able to do that against tiger), generally getting her killed early while kurina's attack boost is very nice to have against refess. The main advantage I see is that the you can character lock a gowen opponent's kurina for a while if they decide to open tiger, but I don't feel it is worth it. What is your opinion on the matter?
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby AqvasFire2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 pm

The open Kurina is for the Gowen mirrors, because if your opponent opens Kurina when you tiger, you go tiger into what? Sala? Either the kurina will rest, or whack your tiger for 20, die, then next turn, you lose tiger and sala, so your opponent is down 1 kurina, and you're down a tiger and sala, your SS went off first, so then he can throw an SS right back at you at his convenience, and he'll have more salas in the file as well, and if Gowen can keep salas alive to smack things, that's quick pain in quick fashion.
AqvasFire2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:42 pm

They're getting very low view counts so far. How many new players does Alteil have anyway?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I was actually thinking tiger -> spores against kurina opens. Also getting to your first SS early isn't bad and you can place a level 3 faster. I also noted gowen mirrors as a potential advantage to the open, but it doesn't seem like a major setback in mirrors and I wonder if tiger might be better overall because of matches against refess.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby worthing » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:33 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:Could you explain why you open with kurina instead of man eating tiger? You only have 2 copies and kurina's auto skill gets more useful the more units you have out on the field. Added to that, the fact that refess can open with a unit that can kill your first copy on turn one (while not being able to do that against tiger), generally getting her killed early while kurina's attack boost is very nice to have against refess. The main advantage I see is that the you can character lock a gowen opponent's kurina for a while if they decide to open tiger, but I don't feel it is worth it. What is your opinion on the matter?

So if you do have 2 copies of kurina doesn't that make it better to play her earlier and get her out of the way since 2 copies will suck mid/late game compared to tiger. Basically even though I run 3 kurinas in my gowen rush I would say about half my games I don't even use the 3rd copy. She is a good opener and can kill other openers and is a free revive. She can be treated as a sacrificial unit in many cases. The reason you play her early is because tiger will probably just be better mid game since you have 3 and brings keeps pressure on slots 7-8-9 on your opponents side of the field. As stated by aquas you kurina can also be great in the mirror match so they can't play her early. I hope this gives you a better understanding of kurina 1st and tiger 2nd. If it doesn't just do things your way, sometimes that works better for me :D
worthing

Postby Khiruki » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I rarely see people use Tiger's action skill. Which is odd. It's actually pretty good.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom