Official Card Flip Theater thread

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Re: Official Card Flip Theater thread

Postby blackcat656 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:06 pm

so... this next card flip talks about it being on Monday, so do you submit it Monday or can you submit earlier?
blackcat656

Postby Peralisc2 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 pm

you can submit it right after it's announced
ImageImage
Alteil is pretty much well balanced. Sometimes you loose and sometimes the enemy wins.
Peralisc2

Postby Eladin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 am

I like these contests, but moreso when the cards are provided like when the last one just ended today. Working within confines is a bit easier for me to do (probably since I don't have many cards really) and I think it forces everyone to think a little more critically on being original. Still, great idea all around. I really enjoyed doing it. :D
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby Eladin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:57 pm

congrats to Kaos for his winning entry!

i accidentally sent mine to edgarfigaro@aletil.com :P
but it might've been too late at the time anyways. it was like just before midnight.

lol. it's surprising to hear there weren't any Lisa Frank references. that's where i went first, before remembering that there was an entry so long ago making a joke in the same way.

onward to the next round!
umm...but there's no template...which actually brings up a question i meant to ask before. how would you guys get the cards you wanted to use for these things in previous (what looked like, fairly open) contests? just screen shot and crop from...the file in game?
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
- Savielly Tartakover
Eladin

Postby edgarfigaro » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:40 pm

It's Friday! And that means two things here at Alteil. The Weekend is here AND we have chosen our Card Flip Theater Caption Contest winner. Everyone give a big round of applause to fellow Iczer, skewer. Clap loud he may be located a state or few over from you. Four point cards to you sir.

Congrats to everyone who submitted and look for the next contest coming soon.
"what on earth did you just say? did someone nerf your keyboard?" ~Spears
I feel that way all the time Spears, all the time.
edgarfigaro

Postby DagaYemar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:40 am

I was just wondering, are you still accepting original card flips? The only winners you've had in the last few months have been the ones where you supplied the cards we could use. I have a few I've made on my own, but I didn't know if you were still collecting them.
I refuse to have a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent.
DagaYemar

Postby edgarfigaro » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 am

Certainly are. We started doing the single panel, here's two cards, make some funny because it's much easier for users to come up with entries. The submissions tripled so we've been sticking with that format. Multiple panel and original submissions will be accepted and judged and possibly awarded point cards.
edgarfigaro

Postby angelspawn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:48 am

Hi, i was wondering if theres any word about last months regulair card flip contest yet?

I entered my submission the 25th, and would like to participate in the new contest for this month aswell. (with the boy priest) However i dont know if im actually allowed to post it now?
angelspawn

Postby edgarfigaro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 pm

You can. It started late in the week. Thursday I believe. So send it in and make it good. Four point cards could be yours.
edgarfigaro

Postby Demongod » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Is there any award if they don't like your submission and you're not even one of the runners up? Seems a bit of work just to get nothing for entering an event :(.
Nerf Elite Fencer. Change start skill to "target unit of agi 4 or higher gets AGI = 3. Then, this unit gets AGI = 4 for this turn and ATK +10"

For the great justice of the diverse meta.
Demongod

PreviousNext

Return to Crest Courtyard