General update

Official News and Announcements

Re: General update

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:57 am

Servers have been rebooted to allow for a couple... tweaks. While they should be faster now, you'll have to stop by April 1st to see what else was added.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:12 pm

shadowsketch wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Still working nonstop.

New public facing JSON API will be up soon

gadu wrote:What does any of this mean?

So JSON is a data format popular on the web. I've seen sites that take in parameters and give back information -- for example Twitter allows you to get information about tweets if you give it information about the date, the user, etc.

For sure I can see this working with the card database, making searching much more easier and cleaner. And since it's a public facing API, could this mean...Alteil fansites? I look forward to what you all have in store.

This is 100% correct. It also means 3rd party Alteil apps can now start appearing that draw from real-time data. If I have time in august I may start doing a "how to program" series of training sessions based off Alteil's api.
MysteryMan

Postby Khiruki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 pm

That is awesome.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Rom pointed out some speed issues.

We set the server to axe the symptoms every day at 5:30am. We'll take care of the cause in the future.

Right now we are still doubling our efforts and making sure we do whatever is necessary to get the battle engine online by our deadline. Jim is taking notes and will be forcing the leads to post updates. we've got some great stuff to show you, even if we had to pivot recently to a different methodology to meet deadlines.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:58 pm

It's not ready for public consumption yet, but for those of you who don't mind pre-alpha code that will be changed, https://github.com/jsylvan/AlteilApiExamples is ready for public consumption.

Development on the pre-alpha sample will be most likely paused until Thursday. The current code is very ugly and just there to get the layout ready (bad mojo: Not properly using css, not all images in spritesheets, hardcoded paths on asp.net mvc site, no unit tests in backend or frontend)

It uses (or will use) the following tech. I'll be happy to give tutorials (either a good link or one of my own) on any of these.
- ASP.NET MVC
- JSON
- AngularJS
- BootStrap
- JQUERY
- JavaScript
- CSS
- Spritesheets
- GIT
- JavaScript Unit Tests
MysteryMan

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't understand some of the technologies used, so I'll just wait until you all are done with it. Plus all of them are likely to be changed, so I'd rather learn it right the first time rather than relearn it every time it changes.

I do like the use of version controlling and models/views, so I know you guys are on the right track.

Keep up the good work :).
shadowsketch

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am

Dev Channel: Q&A Session Noon EST on Sat. The good, bad, ugly, and awesome of Alteil's future.

Coming soon: Tutorial on how to use the API to make your own plugins
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 am

A couple screenshots of work in progress http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... idea3.jpg/

More to come :)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 am

One unintended, but ridiculously awesome consequence of the separation of concerns model is how easy the new API is to use.

Because of how things work, all you need to do is include the AlteilCard javascript file and its dependencies then the following happens

<div ng-app="myApp" ng-controller="CardController">
The card {{card.Name}} is of sphere {{card.Sphere}} with a level of {{card.BaseStats.Level}}. Its first skill is of type {{card.Skills.Skill0.Type}} skill called {{card.Skills.Skill0.Name}} which does the following: {{card.Skills.Skill0.Comment}}.
<br />
This is how an open skill works: {{ToolTips.open}}
</div>
<script>GetCard(62)</script>

The card Efreet is of sphere Gowen with a level of 5. Its first skill is of type Open skill called Flame Hand which does the following: Do [damage: your Gowen level X 5] to one unit..
This is how an open skill works: Open Skills take effect instantly, when the card is first revealed. All Grimoires have Open Skills, and some units.

The above is real; the response text was what was rendered to the screen when I tried the above. I'll make a video of me doing this very soon to show you all how to do it.
MysteryMan

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 am

MysteryMan wrote:Dev Channel: Q&A Session Noon EST on Sat. The good, bad, ugly, and awesome of Alteil's future.

What's this?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart