Alteil October 2012 Financial Report

Official News and Announcements

Re: Alteil October 2012 Financial Report

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 am

Seconding DG and Gon's thoughts. How exactly is AH going to lower the cost of getting a set? Even if every card in set 12 went on AH at 100% recycle value you are looking at 115 usd for the set. I'm not fully convinced that the 5 stars and 4 stars will even be available on AH since that presumes we have at least enough buyers to get extras of these cards to put up there. I guess there could be sphere specific players who would post up their non-sphere cards but are there many of these players? I don't know.

I'll be sitting on the fence for set 12, hopefully we'll have enough high spenders left to "fund" the auctions when that time comes.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 am

It's not going to lower set prices, it's going to improve recycle value and improve your methods of filling the "holes".
LoneKnight

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 am

Well i got some rares i wish to sell so who knows. @_@

Hope i can pick the starting price for the auction or at least there should be a minimum for rares.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 am

Glad to see we are. On the same page. Will it be a good thing- yes. Does it do much in the way of solving cost per content? I'd say no but it is too early to tell.

I really hope EX will be on there since with EX lotto at 100 gran vs 220 gran buying at base cost there will be a good chance at getting them for a lower rate than normal.
Now just some numbers for you to ponder. Based on the past gold box sales the averages were:
1.6 x 5 star
2.6 x 4 star
6 x 3 star

Even if we round up that gives you 600 gran in 5 stars, 450 gran in 4 stars, 180 gran in 3 stars. That leaves 70 cards and i'll just give them all to you at 2 stars for a recycle of 700 gran. 81 cards in gold box last time i bought gold box -correct me if i am wrong. Assuming on Friday you put all these up you are looking at 1930 gran back on 3450 gran invested. I suppose Pera you will get double for your 5 stars and 4 stars ifyou put them up in AH........even then do you break even ?.....

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby wakka9ca » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I think they at least need to guarantee 2x 5-star cards for the gold box, not 1.6. Also, they need to put more than 3-stars in.

Increasing the recycle value of the boxes directly is a good way to start. Also, 2x 5-star guarantee at least removes some randomness that distinguish a gold box from a regular box. Imagine what people feel when they open only 1 5-star? They feel like they just lost 12$ since they could have bought a normal box instead. So a baseline guarantee of strictly better than normal box (not sometimes better) is actually a good psychological effect that will reduce the frustration of the players.

Unless, of course, you still want to stick to the "hope high-spending players will spend more based on their gambling tendencies to get more rares".

A tricky and risky move.
wakka9ca

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart