Shouldn't the game be up by now?

Official News and Announcements

Shouldn't the game be up by now?

Postby Logress » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

In short... yes. We've had better weeks. There were two problems, one which is our fault and one which is not.

First the part that's not our fault (always my favorite part). Remember in June when Folrart and Crest went down for a day? Well, that was the main game server blowing up. Instead of making a new game server like you might expect, they kind of jury-rigged the main responsibilities of that server into the other servers. We've been setting up our main game server assuming that the Japanese Game01 was the main game server... which it is not. Actually Game02 is closest to the main game server. Woopsie. And we're too far along to start over on Game02, so we're retrofitting Game01 to match the structure of Game02, and finding missing files and bits of code along the way. Which is hugely fun.

The other part is that we discovered yesterday that someone who was out of the loop upgraded some of our software beyond the range that Alteil is comparable with about three weeks ago. I THOUGHT we were getting a lot of bugs... On the plus side, while really slow to fix, we're about 90% done... and the newer software makes things faster and more secure. On the minus side, because no one has ever gotten Alteil to work with these versions of the software before, there's no guarantee that fixing the last 10% is even possible. So we've divided our efforts on two fronts. One team is pushing through brute force on debugging Alteil with the new software. The other team is starting over with a new server running the JP approved versions and we're hoping that with the experience gained from setting up the game on the other server, it will go a lot faster this time.

Cheers!
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Shouldn't the game be up by now?

Postby Callonia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Good luck logress and everyone else working the servers.
Callonia

Postby asxlen64 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Well if programming was easy EVERYONE would do it. best of luck fixing alteil.usa. i really not liking jp version, since i have to relearn about 300+ cards do to errata this year
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Romdeau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Gogo team Alteil
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 pm

asxlen64 wrote:Well if programming was easy EVERYONE would do it. best of luck fixing alteil.usa. i really not liking jp version, since i have to relearn about 300+ cards do to errata this year

It is. Just need patience and motivation.

I mean where i come from even 15 year olds get to script a bunch of stuff just for the sake of doing something.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Awesome, the commoners need something to talk about again!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Awesome, the peasants need something to talk about again!

FTFY
:roll:
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:55 pm

More something along the line of "the pests"? Anyways, glad to hear from you, and good luck on your endavours. ;)
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah. I'm trolling back. This is kinda amusing Rom.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby methebest » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:07 am

plebs?
i apologise for any incomprehensible posts as i tend to make them
methebest

Next

Return to Castle Folrart